PDA

View Full Version : The ZS Journey

Stephen
14-01-12, 09:54 PM
.... and how i think its not the end... ;)

Got to admit, as its now a sorted car im starting to enjoy it and have faith in the ZS name again.

Iv now got it looking near how i would want it got the niggles sorted.

My interior now consists of a very nice set of Black sports Leathers, Black oak dash, chrome vents all round elec windows, xpower mats and gearknob.

Outside is still pretty much standard, i have the black wrapped bib and twin spoilers. And my plate :)

Engine/exhaust fully serviced belts done, i have a set of sdi's, roose hoses. I have my Stainless piper cat back and decat.

Next plans are to get the wheels done and a remap. Oh and the slipping clutch/pressure plate has now sorted itself out???

Other than that, i havent been posting much as lifes been up and down. Getting the plate and car sorted, working 2-10 shifs near enough 7 days a week, looking after my gran and gramps along with my step grandad, I guess lifes getting on.

Heres hoping 2012 is a better year!!!

stamford
14-01-12, 10:25 PM
Good to hear the love is back for the ZS again, funny how we all fall out now and again and get it back :yes:

We are all busy, life is one thing we have no control over and things can change at the drop of a hat. Forums are always here and we don't need to be on here 24/7 as we can't all be on here everyday including myself as sometimes home life is more important.

peterzs
15-01-12, 11:54 AM
Glad you are feeling better about the car.

Dont let your life slip away looking after the oldies, think its great you are doing what you are for them. As an oldie myself been through that with our mums and dad.

I dont want to sound like an agony aunt just that I've been there done that and at my age its not too bad. However you cant ever get time back, and its for driving ZS's having fun and all the good things in life.

My derv has the same symptoms as yours by the sound of it, If I belt it and miss a gear the clutch will slip. So bad, I priced up for a replacement, but if I drive it carefully, the slip goes and after a bit you can floor it and alls OK.

When I had my last remapped the guy said the first map I had done had taken off the limiter on the torque in first and second, said it could have done the box or clutch in. So dont know if that was something to do with it, not had it slip since Reidy remapped it.

Hope all your mods go well.

PoL this year????

:smile1::smile1::smile1: