PDA

View Full Version : Out Of Hibernation Early

tcb 180
19-01-12, 01:28 PM
Zed Back Early

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I never. The Nissan Note DCI has developed a gearbox oil leak. Got her up on ramps today and n/s diff / drive shaft oil seal is shot. Can't get one until Monday Special Order. And its qiute a bad leak too.

So back taxed the zed and will now be getting her out this afternoon. Front tyres are shot though so will have to get these changed in the morning.

I have even taxed her for a full 12 months. (well 11 really as i lost January).

Quite happy really. Means the Note can stay in the garage until my back is better and I feel up to working on it. Bleeding weather doesn't help either.

Ritchy
19-01-12, 04:56 PM
nice one

talkingcars
19-01-12, 05:43 PM
Bet the zed feels nice after the note.

I always move the back tyres to the front and fit new ones on the rear, doubles the mileage I get from the tyres.

tcb 180
20-01-12, 09:36 AM
Actually the Note is rather nippy and very very frugal too. I get mid 50's local and up to 70mpg on a run. But yes, the zed feels great tbh.

As for tyres, I know the better rubber should go on the rear, but these things seem so sensitive and can tram line so easily, I will be putting the new ones on the front or else she will feel just like us wearing someone elses shoes.