PDA

View Full Version : MOT Pass

Yampiedog
26-01-12, 03:51 PM
Unfortunately it has five advisory items but I knew about the brake discs and pads and was due to replace them myself.
CV joint gaiters have deteriorated but not letting in dirt yet - I'll have top pay someone to do these as I'm not dismantling suspension / tracking, they will do it for £100
I was looking at just under £100 to buy replacement discs and pads for front and rear off ebay but they offered to do the front pads and rear discs and pads and MOT for £225 (after haggling) so I accepted and saved me some time and effort.
Can't really grumble over that and this was from F1 Auto Centre in Southampton.
Emissions passed too!

peterzs
26-01-12, 07:40 PM
Worth it to get it done and dusted.

Dan1971
26-01-12, 07:58 PM
Unfortunately it has five advisory items but I knew about the brake discs and pads and was due to replace them myself.
CV joint gaiters have deteriorated but not letting in dirt yet - I'll have top pay someone to do these as I'm not dismantling suspension / tracking, they will do it for £100
I was looking at just under £100 to buy replacement discs and pads for front and rear off ebay but they offered to do the front pads and rear discs and pads and MOT for £225 (after haggling) so I accepted and saved me some time and effort.
Can't really grumble over that and this was from F1 Auto Centre in Southampton.
Emissions passed too!

Will they issue you with another certificate then as the advisories have been done. Would reflect better if you were to sell the car on ....

Dav
27-01-12, 10:53 AM
Were your brakes defo on there way out? And have you checked your CV boots?

Reason I ask, a mate of mine got a job at F1 in Southampton (the one by WestQuay) and the boss told him to add advisories/make them fail to get in extra money. Now I think said boss has been sacked, but might be worth getting someone else to have a quick check?

Anyway, well done on the pass :)

Yampiedog
27-01-12, 01:47 PM
They were advisories last year (brakes) but don't know about cv gaitors, will see if I can look at them.

Yampiedog
27-01-12, 01:48 PM
Will they issue you with another certificate then as the advisories have been done. Would reflect better if you were to sell the car on ....

New style MOT certificate, have all papers to show work done etc so not overly concerned about advisories.