PDA

View Full Version : I am LOVING my MG ZS+ 120

Burrelly
28-01-12, 07:04 PM
Well even though I have not passed my test I had my MG out today with the L plates on. Covered about 120 miles of backroads between home and edinburgh.

I am really loving the handling and performance of the car!

The only issue I had was try to take of at a round about in 3rd which did not work to well :-)

Dave

daytona365
28-01-12, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the site, good to see someone loving their ZED even before passing the test!!!!!!!!!!!!

andys1981
28-01-12, 07:22 PM
they are good handling cars mate,so miss my 180 lol,you just pass your test,and go from there mate

Dav
29-01-12, 06:52 AM
Out of interest Dave, how old are you? I take it insurance is not too expensive?

Anyway, it's good to see you enjoying your Zed, they really are great fun when you can stretch their legs a bit :)

Dan1971
29-01-12, 07:06 AM
Good for you.

The experience you get from doing 100+ miles will help your confidence a great deal.....so long as you've got someone sensible next to you.

Sadly for me, my dad was too laxed that way and let me take his car out with a mate supervising. I ended up rolling it down a banking and was very lucky that the 4 of us walked away.

Enjoy the car - drive safe - and welcome to the site.

peterzs
29-01-12, 10:27 AM
Even now I can get the wrong gear, so its not just you!!

Important bit is to recognise the problem and sort it out.

Glad you are enjoying the car, wish my first one was as good as a ZS.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Smokey
29-01-12, 10:40 AM
There is something addictive about them huh?!

Burrelly
29-01-12, 02:43 PM
Out of interest Dave, how old are you? I take it insurance is not too expensive?

Anyway, it's good to see you enjoying your Zed, they really are great fun when you can stretch their legs a bit :)

I am 25. The insurance for the year worked out about 450 quid with a couple of other long term drivers on the policy.

Yeah it was good fun. I am no stranger to the roads though been riding bikes since I was 16. One of the reasons it has taken me so long to get round to learning to drive a car. Currently I have a Suzuki Bandit 1200 and a GSX-R 750.

Dave

BUCKYDEVIL
29-01-12, 04:00 PM
Good to hear to your enjoying the car, being a learner I hope you take it easy at this time of year as the roads can catch you out very easily even the more experienced drivers can fall victim to Ice.
Nice bike's you have, Ive been looking at the Bandits for myself.

Stev180
29-01-12, 05:31 PM
Awesome first car, is it the one in your Avatar? Saloon? Good luck with the test when it comes up! Depending on the size of the roundabout I dont think 3rd would labour the engine to much.

Burrelly
29-01-12, 05:50 PM
Awesome first car, is it the one in your Avatar? Saloon? Good luck with the test when it comes up! Depending on the size of the roundabout I dont think 3rd would labour the engine to much.

Yeah the one in my Avatar :-)

The issue was not taking the round about in third it was taking off from a stop in third at the roundabout.

Stev180
29-01-12, 06:46 PM
Yeah the one in my Avatar :-)

The issue was not taking the round about in third it was taking off from a stop in third at the roundabout.

Ahh lol :laugh: Ive done that before at traffic lights!

Burrelly
29-01-12, 07:31 PM
Ahh lol :laugh: Ive done that before at traffic lights!

I was getting really stressed and they guy behind me was beeping which did not help. It all ended well when I got into first :-)

Dave