PDA

View Full Version : Condensation inside front windscreen

R1CSO
01-02-12, 08:37 PM
does anyone else suffer from condensation build up on the inside of the front windscreen? I went to my car after work this evening, no other car had condensation apart from mine and when i got in, it had froze which meant i was now scraping ice off. Some days it's fine, others it's completely dripping wet. Can it possibly be a leak from the air con?

petet16
01-02-12, 08:53 PM
Have a feel in the passenger footwell and behind the heater unit, it will probably be wet, the water leaks in through the heater air intake.

grimmy
01-02-12, 09:08 PM
Change your pollen filter

dean0
01-02-12, 09:08 PM
Have a look at the cabin filter too, I did mine a couple of weeks ago and it has greatly reduced the amount of condensation on my screen

KevG
01-02-12, 09:22 PM
The Cabin filter and pollen filter are one and the same thing.

coreygraham180
01-02-12, 09:25 PM
or you could try lots of the silica gel packets in the doorcars or in the corners of the windows seems to stop the condensation :)

talkingcars
02-02-12, 05:41 AM
Are you sure that the condensation isn't due to the carpet being wet?

R1CSO
02-02-12, 12:03 PM
Are you sure that the condensation isn't due to the carpet being wet?

yep, everything is dry - footwells and boot - pollen filter was changed 2 years ago. Can't see any evidence of leaks anywhere either??

peterzs
02-02-12, 12:47 PM
windscreen sealed all round???

Smokie
02-02-12, 01:17 PM
try not to leave the heater on the window setting, if possible just before the end of your journey turn the heater to cold and let it run like that for a couple of minutes and drop the front windows so they are just open to let some fresh air in and then when you stop turn the controls so that the heater isn't blowing onto the front windcreen i.e throught the dash vents. cant remember where i read that, think it was on here?.
Works a treat for me.

R1CSO
02-02-12, 02:38 PM
try not to leave the heater on the window setting, if possible just before the end of your journey turn the heater to cold and let it run like that for a couple of minutes and drop the front windows so they are just open to let some fresh air in and then when you stop turn the controls so that the heater isn't blowing onto the front windcreen i.e throught the dash vents. cant remember where i read that, think it was on here?.
Works a treat for me.

cool, will try that thanks :cool2: