PDA

View Full Version : Bloody hooligans!

Tommy
06-02-12, 03:22 PM
The other day I was sitting in my front room, it was about midnight and I had finished a busy nights work in the restaurant, so I was enjoying a beer and a bit of tv, when I hear some noise outside my house, just some noisey drunk lads, did'nt think much to it, but then I hear what sounds like someone jumping on my car (the ZS is parked right outside my front door) I shot up, looked through the window and see someone actually jumping up and down on the bonnet, I could'nt believe it! as I'm rushing to the door I hear someone shout "jump on the windscreen!" I open the door straight away and hear them say "sh*t! someones there!" they peg it down the road, I ran after them a little way, but thought its not worth it as there was 6 of them, but I was furious! So mad! Had a look at the bonnet, theres a couple of little scratches and a few minor little dents, nothing major, but at the same time majorly annoying. I don't understand how anyone could do that, a large majority of the youth of today have no respect, alot has changed since I was 18, and I'm only 28!
And to top that off, I found a large nail in one of my tyres the next day, got it repaired fairly cheaply though.

Boot Hill Bandit
06-02-12, 03:43 PM
You can't own anything nice now as adults aren't respected. My step daughter has carved the tv up with a knife 3 times, carved her own furniture and our solid wood furniture, breaks her own toys, destroys our own stuff, has knifed the sofa which I am still paying for twice and is just generally destructive for fun. She is 11 and has ADHD but I dread to think what she will be like in just a few more years. No respect whatsoever and remorseless too. I dread the day I will find my car stolen or worse.

Sorry if this sounds a little off topic but that is exactly the behaviour I hate yet my step daughter is like. Sorry to hear that though fella I can imagine how sick it makes you feel. Might be worth putting up cctv or something to catch the horrid toads!

Bobdope2002
06-02-12, 03:54 PM
one simple solution to this guys wen you have kids wen theyre young if they mis behave give them a right hard slap round the head after a few they wanna do it again............

dunna matter how old they are fooking wack em

Just my opinion this is the way i was brought up and im a good chap and wud never ever dream of vandalizing someone else's property

Tommy
06-02-12, 03:56 PM
I thought about cctv, but I've lived here a year now and thats been the only incident, so hoping it is a one off. But will definitly get cctv soon, I live pretty much in the centre of town aswell, so I'm kinda suprised this is the only thing that has happened.

ZS
06-02-12, 04:37 PM
one simple solution to this guys wen you have kids wen theyre young if they mis behave give them a right hard slap round the head after a few they wanna do it again............

dunna matter how old they are fooking wack em

Just my opinion this is the way i was brought up and im a good chap and wud never ever dream of vandalizing someone else's property

Thats illegal though! So whatever you do, don't leave a mark.... :D:D

Boot Hill Bandit
06-02-12, 04:42 PM
I thought about cctv, but I've lived here a year now and thats been the only incident, so hoping it is a one off. But will definitly get cctv soon, I live pretty much in the centre of town aswell, so I'm kinda suprised this is the only thing that has happened.

If you can erect gates or something all the better. Sounds daft but all it may take is a drunk or kids to stumble onto your driveway for them to take the decision to do it to your car...........having gates up means it becomes an active decision in their minds to open a gate and cause damage to your car.

Tommy
06-02-12, 04:52 PM
I'm only renting so not really allowed to do anything like that as much as I would like too! Plus the ZS is too long and sticks out onto the pavement, maybe I should get a ZR? On second thoughts...naaaa

Boot Hill Bandit
06-02-12, 05:18 PM
I'm only renting so not really allowed to do anything like that as much as I would like too! Plus the ZS is too long and sticks out onto the pavement, maybe I should get a ZR? On second thoughts...naaaa

grrrr damn it fella :console: what a pain! car cover is a waste of time........I'm a good lad but when I used to go to school I used to walk past 2 cars with car covers on and always wanted to peek lol.......only reason I didn't is because I didn't want to get caught and in trouble.

Dan1971
06-02-12, 05:23 PM
Gutted for you mate .... You reported the damage to police ?

andys1981
06-02-12, 05:49 PM
thats terrible mate,nothing worse,im kinda lucky that way as i stay right across from a church,so i park my car in there everyday/night,and im in full view of it,if i hear any noise am on it,heres hopeing they dont get pissed and try it again mate

stamford
06-02-12, 06:12 PM
There is nothing like pure rage, 6 of them, wouldn't matter when pushed over the edge, been there myself. I would have grabbed something long and heavy and left a mark, worth the grief and they wouldn't do it again.

Tommy
06-02-12, 06:35 PM
didnt contact police, had my previous car keyed and the police didnt wanna know, so didnt see the point in contacting them. wish I still lived in the country, wouldnt have to worry about as many drunken yobs. Part of me wishes I did catch them, cos they definitly wouldnt be doing it again.

stamford
06-02-12, 07:02 PM
One reason why I moved out of the city and out into the sticks, peace of mind.

Tommy
06-02-12, 07:07 PM
Think I'll be moving back again soon! Better driving roads too!

fastmike
06-02-12, 07:23 PM
This reminds me of a similiar thing that happened to me last year..... just moved house to a new neighborhood , parked the Saab convertable outside.... on the night before it was due to be part exchanged the drivers front wing was dented by what could have been a log or something .
went for a walk around the estate on the Sunday and a group of kids huddled as soon as they saw me ...... ( suspicous or what ? ) ..... followed 3 of them to thier house , next dat ( Monday) went round to have a civil word with the parents ...... Well the mum called me a perve for following them to their house and the dad was ok
........ Now last night I get snowballs on the window ....... and the same tonight .... only this time I saw them ..... went out and said what the F do you think your doing ? ... Throwimnf snowballs mate..... we'er throwing them at lots of windows..... well dont throw them at mine please and who do you thinks gonna pay when you break one?
at that they went....... as soon as they went round a corner one of them shouted .... PERVERT .....needless to say Im very pissed off at the minute and am awaiting the police

Tommy
06-02-12, 07:27 PM
Hopefully the police will do something mate, I wouldnt hold your breath though.

Bobdope2002
06-02-12, 07:51 PM
Thats illegal though! (Edited Rest Of Qoute Out)

and this folks is the reason why kids are the way they are today Simple as

The Law Enforcing Human rights fooking jumped up tools

EDIT: OH AND JUST TO ADD ITS 95% THE PARENTS FAULT FOR LETTING THEYRE KIDS ACT THIS WAY.....THE JEREMY YLE ERA WE LIVE IN AT THE MOMENT IS FOOKED UP

Oh theyre rioting, kicking **** out of stuff we pay for yet, if we shoot em or water cannon them its illegal and a breach of human rights....

Like i said if it were me id smash em round the head hard wen theyre young and show them to respect **** and theyre elders

dont want to sound old before my time but i blame Rap Music People Look up to them and theyre forver on about going round shooting people and robbing **** no wonder theyre like this

Anyways Rant Over

ZS Phil
06-02-12, 07:55 PM
Ffs this whole thread makes me so angry at the things some people do for a laugh.

Just have to think though they are just bored kids and for the sake of a moments revenge (giving them a kicking) its just not worth the consequences should you get cought.

peterzs
06-02-12, 08:32 PM
What a clever bunch of *****, what about a security light, if it will pick the car up.

Trouble is any little noise now and you think the worse.

Tommy
06-02-12, 08:34 PM
Security light is another option. Thats exactly how it is! I lay in bed, here a noise, then have to get up and have a look out of the window!

Dan1971
07-02-12, 07:26 AM
didnt contact police, had my previous car keyed and the police didnt wanna know, so didnt see the point in contacting them. wish I still lived in the country, wouldnt have to worry about as many drunken yobs. Part of me wishes I did catch them, cos they definitly wouldnt be doing it again.

They might have been caught doing something further up the road or been on cctv in the vicinity. In any case the police need to plot what is going on and when. If no-one tells them what's happening - they will never put cops where they are needed and give out inaccurate figures of what's going on in the area.

They could have got forensics off the car.

You need to report it.

ZS
07-02-12, 08:21 AM
They might have been caught doing something further up the road or been on cctv in the vicinity. In any case the police need to plot what is going on and when. If no-one tells them what's happening - they will never put cops where they are needed and give out inaccurate figures of what's going on in the area.

They could have got forensics off the car.

You need to report it.

Muhahahahahahahaha - Sorry Dan, but forensics off the car? thats so funny!

My friend parked his car in a public carpark, which is overlooked by the biggest police station in portsmouth. When he came back his car had smashed window and the radio was stolen.

He walked from his car to the police station (litterally 5 steps or so) and pressed the buzzer on the door... now bearing in mind he could see some policemen sitting the other side of the door laughing and eating doughnuts (no word of a lie) he got the office in winchester across the buzzer who answered because "everyone in portsmouth station is busy" he explained the situation and 15 minutes later one of the guys he could see through the door got up and opened the door.

He then proceeded to explain to this officer what had happened... and was told there was nothing they could do and to drive the car home where they would send forensics the next day to look at it.

The next day came and noone turned up.. so he rang the station to be told it was too late now as forensics wouldn't be able to do anything and because of this there was nothing the police could do, other than give him a crime reference number so he could claim on his insurance.

Noone was ever picked up or questioned about this crime to our knowledge.

And the Police wonder why they have such a bad name when they do things like that...

stamford
07-02-12, 10:48 AM
Tis true Sam, been in a similar situation before and nothing was followed up.

However when something similar happened and I said if I catch them I will deal with them they said you will be done for GBH if you do anything, the scrote would do me and nothing done to him for the offence in the first place!

I would be prepared to get arrested if anyone did anything to me, my family or my property as was the case a couple of weeks ago when things got a little hot between my daughter and her now ex-boyfriend. The Police turned up and I admitted I was going to rip this throat out! When it is a dad and his kids you would do anything to protect them, the Police were actually on my side although legally it was wrong, they would have done the same if in the same situation.

peterzs
07-02-12, 11:55 AM
Should have given me a ring Mick, 3/4 hr drive away, but got a big sledge hammer handle, thats kept by the bed. ;););)

:boxing::boxing::boxing:

stamford
07-02-12, 12:20 PM
I just use my 16st frame to beat them with!

peterzs
07-02-12, 12:25 PM
I'll always stand behind you, just in case.

Most are bullies and even a oldie waving a big stick would make them think twice. (thats me, the oldie, by the way)

ZS
07-02-12, 12:38 PM
Mick, Similar thing happend with the Yellow ZS.. some scrote kicked the door mirror off, in my view thats criminal damage, so we called the police and told them where the kid lived (not a smart kid he lives three doors down the road) and they said there was nothing they could do... So I told them "Fine I'm going out there with one of my swords and will sort them out myself" Then hung up... funny thing was the police arrived within 5 minutes and caught the guy trying to kick another wing mirror off another car down the road... I, of course, didn't even leave the house (Mainly because by the time I had opened the front door the police where there) but I do know that kid was "told off" by his parents that evening, and not verbaly...

peterzs
07-02-12, 01:10 PM
Crazy world we live in when the perps get away with it and if you try to show them their wrong doings you get done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan1971
08-02-12, 07:24 AM
Muhahahahahahahaha - Sorry Dan, but forensics off the car? thats so funny!

My friend parked his car in a public carpark, which is overlooked by the biggest police station in portsmouth. When he came back his car had smashed window and the radio was stolen.

He walked from his car to the police station (litterally 5 steps or so) and pressed the buzzer on the door... now bearing in mind he could see some policemen sitting the other side of the door laughing and eating doughnuts (no word of a lie) he got the office in winchester across the buzzer who answered because "everyone in portsmouth station is busy" he explained the situation and 15 minutes later one of the guys he could see through the door got up and opened the door.

He then proceeded to explain to this officer what had happened... and was told there was nothing they could do and to drive the car home where they would send forensics the next day to look at it.

The next day came and noone turned up.. so he rang the station to be told it was too late now as forensics wouldn't be able to do anything and because of this there was nothing the police could do, other than give him a crime reference number so he could claim on his insurance.

Noone was ever picked up or questioned about this crime to our knowledge.

And the Police wonder why they have such a bad name when they do things like that...

Fair enough - sad story and an embarassing one.

Fact is that they could - that's all. The door on the passenger side of my VW Passatt got kicked in 8 yrs ago during a fight in the street. 4 were arrested for it but they all denied doing it. Whilst in custody a trainer mark was lifted form the door and the suspect identified. He was charged with crim damage - crap penalty but at least he was convicted.

I only mention it as it's possible - that's all. In a world where there are so many demands I guess you'd need to get them on a quiet day and to be honest - there ain't many of them any more.

fastmike
08-02-12, 07:41 AM
Its now Wednesday.......and I,m still waiting for the police......

Nobrainer
08-02-12, 08:44 AM
FFS are you serious? I'll reply as if you are. You obviously know jack sh1t about children or human nature. If you hit a child they'll grow up learning that violence is the way to solve a problem. And a lot of them are pretty big and fit these days! And are you trying to say that Jim is responsible for his daughters adhd? That doesn't even warrant a response.
As an adult if I found that you'd beaten up my child no matter what your provocation then you really would see what anger is all about.
Sorry to rant as a new member but child abuse is a more serious crime than vandalism.

EDIT: OH AND JUST TO ADD ITS 95% THE PARENTS FAULT FOR LETTING THEYRE KIDS ACT THIS WAY.....THE JEREMY YLE ERA WE LIVE IN AT THE MOMENT IS FOOKED UP

Oh theyre rioting, kicking **** out of stuff we pay for yet, if we shoot em or water cannon them its illegal and a breach of human rights....

Like i said if it were me id smash em round the head hard wen theyre young and show them to respect **** and theyre elders

dont want to sound old before my time but i blame Rap Music People Look up to them and theyre forver on about going round shooting people and robbing **** no wonder theyre like this

Anyways Rant Over

fastmike
08-02-12, 09:09 AM

Anyways Rant Over

I,m with you on this ....... all this do gooder crap has destroyed society..... a clip round the ear didnt do me any harm

stamford
08-02-12, 09:59 AM
The real problem here is the changes we have seen in society and the way in which we can and cannot do certain things. 30 years or more ago we would, as a child, get a clip around the ear, have a blackboard rubber thrown at us, kicked up the arse etc etc. Today due to political correctness and what is defined as abuse, we cannot lift a finger and the kids know this and use this against their elders. It has backfired bigtime and there is little we can do, I'm sorry but the little blighters know how to provoke someone into doing something now seen as illegal and use that against us. There is no or little respect out there these days, nothing to do with rap music or bad parents to a degree, just kids getting smarter and the Police knowing the law as it stands is on their (kids) side.

I still shout at kids if dicking around my car and if they say I'll get me dad, then I say fine, go get him if you know who he is! :whistle:

daytona365
09-02-12, 06:54 PM
The real problem here is the changes we have seen in society and the way in which we can and cannot do certain things. 30 years or more ago we would, as a child, get a clip around the ear, have a blackboard rubber thrown at us, kicked up the arse etc etc. Today due to political correctness and what is defined as abuse, we cannot lift a finger and the kids know this and use this against their elders. It has backfired bigtime and there is little we can do, I'm sorry but the little blighters know how to provoke someone into doing something now seen as illegal and use that against us. There is no or little respect out there these days, nothing to do with rap music or bad parents to a degree, just kids getting smarter and the Police knowing the law as it stands is on their (kids) side.

I still shout at kids if dicking around my car and if they say I'll get me dad, then I say fine, go get him if you know who he is! :whistle:
Liking the last comment...........Some of em near me dont even know who the mum is :crazy:

shcKr-
09-02-12, 08:01 PM
FFS are you serious? I'll reply as if you are. You obviously know jack sh1t about children or human nature. If you hit a child they'll grow up learning that violence is the way to solve a problem. And a lot of them are pretty big and fit these days! And are you trying to say that Jim is responsible for his daughters adhd? That doesn't even warrant a response.
As an adult if I found that you'd beaten up my child no matter what your provocation then you really would see what anger is all about.
Sorry to rant as a new member but child abuse is a more serious crime than vandalism.

As a 20 year old, my brother is 15 we were brought up that if we did something that we could expect consequences, I was a brat as a kid and kicked my mum, she kicked me back twice as hard. I swore at my mum and she dragged me to the bathroom and washed my mouth out with soap.. Did I ever kick her, or swear at her again! Hell no!

My brother obviously saw what I got and has never tried anything like that, we both respect our parents and don't swear around them. Let alone go down the street and vandalize someones car.

I knew of maybe 1 or 2 kids in my year at school that had ADHD, yet in my brothers year half of them claim to have ADHD and use it as an excuse for their behaviour, it's a joke.

Lukeus101
09-02-12, 08:13 PM
Im only 23 but still notice a massive difference in the way children behave and a drastic change in parenting attitudes. I was brought up to respect and treat people how I would like to be treated, but nowadays youngsters seem to have a more deviant side. May just be me, I was brought up in deepest darkest Cornwall :D

Nobrainer
09-02-12, 09:57 PM
The kids today are definately more clued up on what they can get away with and are more prepared to stand their ground but I'm not sure theyre really much worse than we were as kids. I'm getting on a bit now but I remember minor acts of vandalism, theft, etc and I was one of the well brought up kids. It's just a growing up process and you need to remember that most kids are just that, children. They grow up and grow out of the attitude that teenagers have. I've also chased (and caught) kids graffitiing my walls, shouted at kids causing problems and felt the urge to kick the crap out of the ones trying to break into my garage and steal my bike. But the really problem kids are the ones who get hit by their parents. They grow up to be problem adults and produce more problem kids. I've also spanked my own children when their behavior was untenable and regretted it. It didn't work.

fastmike
10-02-12, 06:54 AM
Just an update..... its Friday and still no police ..... which I,m now pleased about.... I went to the kids house yesterday and politely asked his mum for a word with his dad and got called an ar*ehole for my trouble..... then last night his dad appears at my front door all applogetic etc..... it wont happen again .... So Time will be the judge but its looking promising

Ravinder_Tomcat220T
10-02-12, 07:10 AM
Perhaps rent a lock up in the local area and keep your car in there? My coupe is kept in a lock up that I rent off the local council. At least I know it will be safe there and dry.

ZRed
10-02-12, 07:32 AM
Oft! This topic grew arms and legs!

My 2p worth, I feel kids have no deterant at all for bad behaviour. I believe common sense has lost it`s way in all honesty. Nothing wrong with a shout or "clip" if the behaviour warrants it, and that`s where the common sense part has vanished. Both goody-goodies poking their nose in, and on the otherside, parents belting their kids for no reason. Where`s the sense?

When I grew up, I through stones and snowballs at windows - not as much as some, but the majority of kids do it. Difference was then to now, my parents caught me - i`d get my arsed kicked, neighbour caught me - i`d get a verbal roasting and my arsed kicked, then my arsed kicked from my parents again!

I think my parents probably lifted their hands once or twice to me in all honesty, but I had a respect/fear/deterant of the consequencies of my actions. Sadly that today is lost.

Boot Hill Bandit
10-02-12, 05:43 PM
Oft! This topic grew arms and legs!

My 2p worth, I feel kids have no deterant at all for bad behaviour. I believe common sense has lost it`s way in all honesty. Nothing wrong with a shout or "clip" if the behaviour warrants it, and that`s where the common sense part has vanished. Both goody-goodies poking their nose in, and on the otherside, parents belting their kids for no reason. Where`s the sense?

When I grew up, I through stones and snowballs at windows - not as much as some, but the majority of kids do it. Difference was then to now, my parents caught me - i`d get my arsed kicked, neighbour caught me - i`d get a verbal roasting and my arsed kicked, then my arsed kicked from my parents again!

I think my parents probably lifted their hands once or twice to me in all honesty, but I had a respect/fear/deterant of the consequencies of my actions. Sadly that today is lost.

Spot on. There certainly is no deterant for most kids now. I hope in all honesty my step daughter grows out of her current behaviour to some extent before she earns herself a ride in the back of a Police Car.

Am I just harsh on her is a question I am always asking myself. An 11 year old stealing food and hiding it is normal? so it the destructive side? I can't remember if I was like it as a kid of her age but I honestly feel I valued and looked after all my possessions and others even more so. She just doesn't seem bothered about it which is what makes my blood boil.

Sorry we are still off topic but it seems relative to me and I can talk about it with you guys at least! :group:

starfire039
12-02-12, 02:47 PM
You have the patience of a saint Jim! I would have run a mile by now! lol