PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the MK2 110?

thestribb
15-02-12, 02:26 PM
Hi guys,

As some of you know, my (very) recent purchase of a Zed 120 MK1 is now in a mess because of an incident with a Clio, so after weighing up some of the options, George has kindly informed me of a MK2 54 plate 110 hatch going at a good price.

My question really is what's everyone's thoughts on the 110, obvious problems to look out for (other than the obvious HG, pumps, etc)? My luck with cars is somewhat minimal, so just thought I'd ask :)

Any opinions welcome.

BUCKYDEVIL
15-02-12, 02:50 PM
No difference in problems between 110 or 120 so same thing's to look for,
Im sure if the car is coming from George then it will have had a good going over and if it's just from someone he knows you could ask him to check it over.

Enright
15-02-12, 02:57 PM
I guess you should be starting from a nice cheap platform from an insurance POV, and then it's up to you what you want to bolt onto it to spec it up a bit. Virtually anything will fit given a bit of time and spanner-wielding: 180 kit, all round electric windows, Traffic Master clock, 11 spoke wheels, nicer/heated seats - all do-able and potentially without affecting your premium.

George has a good reputation on here so you can be confident you'll get a decent deal.

thestribb
15-02-12, 03:24 PM
Yeah I have full faith in him, just thought I'd be a good boy and do all my research. How much would a 180 kit cost? That's the thing I'm looking at the most, predominately getting a spoiler on as it looks a tad bare without it.

peterzs
15-02-12, 05:20 PM
Think a spoiler on a hatch isnt just the bolt on mod that it is on a saloon.

There are smaller spoilers that fit and the big spoiler can be made to fit, but I think its a bit of a fiddle.

talkingcars
15-02-12, 05:27 PM
Same as any other car, make sure it has some service history if possible, belts should have been done by now, check the levels are ok, if it has had a replacment HG make sure this is documented.

As with any car it is worth taking a friend to help you check it over.

Bobdope2002
15-02-12, 07:53 PM
£2750 ypu can have mine

:fishing::fishing:

Ritchy
15-02-12, 08:19 PM
my advice if you want a 180 body kitted 110, just buy one like it already,
tbh they are good cars, about as quick as the 1.8 but less torque but with full car you feel it more,
ive had mine for 4 years now and i love it tbh, its been a great car, flown through 5 MOTs now with no advisories

vanishing days
15-02-12, 08:33 PM
2750 are you mental!

Bobdope2002
15-02-12, 08:37 PM
No I'm not

It's worth 2750 of anyone's money I won't sell it for anything less I'm not a complete idiot like others in here selling them for peanuts

thestribb
15-02-12, 08:49 PM
Well it might be making it onto my driveway for nearly a fifth of that Bob ;) Yeah cam belt is the main thing I know, I don't think I want the big spoiler, I'd be happy with the one from my MK1 if it wasn't in black! Probably going to be a WIP car with bits appearing as and when they become available. Thanks for your advice boys, seems to be a worthwhile purchase for the price that George has been saying he can get it for, so I think I'm going to go for it. If anyone has any bits for it they fancy getting shot of that might come in handy that'd be great, pretty sure it's Goodwood green (according to Matt) .

Bobdope2002
15-02-12, 09:06 PM
Nice one

£550 is a great price

Enjoy it.........

Just one price of constructive criticism and this is why I HATE mine so much the clutch pedals biting point slave mechanism etc are crap and gearchanges sometimes feel like your changing gears on a cheifton tank

Ritchy
15-02-12, 09:08 PM
sounds like theres something wrong with it then bob, mine is smooth as gearchanges...maybe get that fixed before you sell lol

thestribb
15-02-12, 09:08 PM
Nice one

£550 is a great price

Enjoy it.........

Just one price of constructive criticism and this is why I HATE mine so much the clutch pedals biting point slave mechanism etc are crap and gearchanges sometimes feel like your changing gears on a cheifton tank

Haha I'll bear that in mind, however, do remember that I drove a beaten up 400 diesel for nearly 3 years, with a clutch that had not been changed in about 50,000 miles, so I know the feeling. I was basically kneeing the sunroof with each change :P

Bobdope2002
15-02-12, 09:16 PM
sounds like theres something wrong with it then bob, mine is smooth as gearchanges...maybe get that fixed before you sell lol

Had it checked by a reputable clutch place only to b told theyres nothing wrong with it

Ritchy
15-02-12, 09:17 PM
hmmmm, mines nice n silky mate, IB5 has a nice change

MG6Turbo
15-02-12, 09:21 PM
Ive driven a few zr's and zs's with the IB5 and can honestly say i thought they drove very well and can only agree with Ritchy.

Hope it wasnt Mr clutch Tim you went to !

G

Boot Hill Bandit
15-02-12, 09:38 PM
Well it might be making it onto my driveway for nearly a fifth of that Bob ;) Yeah cam belt is the main thing I know, I don't think I want the big spoiler, I'd be happy with the one from my MK1 if it wasn't in black! Probably going to be a WIP car with bits appearing as and when they become available. Thanks for your advice boys, seems to be a worthwhile purchase for the price that George has been saying he can get it for, so I think I'm going to go for it. If anyone has any bits for it they fancy getting shot of that might come in handy that'd be great, pretty sure it's Goodwood green (according to Matt) .

Another happy customer! Glad George could sort you out :group:

mattie007
15-02-12, 10:49 PM
Haha I'll bear that in mind, however, do remember that I drove a beaten up 400 diesel for nearly 3 years, with a clutch that had not been changed in about 50,000 miles, so I know the feeling. I was basically kneeing the sunroof with each change :P

And a throttle that went sideways and needed to be pushed into the floor to move. God knows how much you bribed the MOT man each time ;)

MG6Turbo
29-02-12, 06:34 PM
Watch this space !! Hes nearly back on the road !!!

mattie007
18-03-12, 08:30 PM
Any news Neil?