PDA

View Full Version : Old ZS Advert..

daytona365
17-02-12, 05:46 PM
Browsing through some of my old car mags, last night and found a MGZS advert.

I had to scan it in two pages, and the text is blurred, but here is what it says "Don't you wish that you could have as much fun in the front seat as you once had in the back? But you need a practical car and everyone knows you have to sacrifice performance for practicality, right? Wrong. The MGZS offers both in spades. A 2.5 litre V6 engine delivers 0-60 in just 7.3 seconds. Race developed wishbone suspension offers perfect control. And the seats recline beautifully. So all things considered, your perfromance down dark country lanes will probably be better than ever."

I love the subtlty lol.....

pics wont upload!!!

peterzs
17-02-12, 06:07 PM
Most likely thought they were "too racy".

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :D:D:D

ZS Phil
17-02-12, 08:05 PM
Stuff like that reminds me of why I fell for MGs way back in 2001. I can still picture it in my head clear as day the first time I saw a modern MG on the road, it was a trophy blue ZR 160 and I was walking to school, was deffo love at first sight. My dad then bought a ZS 120 brand new on an 02 plate which I passed my test in at 17 and since then I have owned 3 ZS 120s, a ZS 180, a Rover 75 V6, a ZR 105 and two ZS diesels (oh and a brief stint with a BMW "MINI" but we shant talk about that).
Currently on my diesel which Ive had for well over a year and no way Im selling it any time soon.
Dont get me wrong I could afford a much newer and what is percieved as a better car but I have absolutely no desire to. Proud to drive my MG and to a certain extent feel sorry for all the sheep in their German rep mobiles fading into the sea of dullness who couldnt see past the badge.

Captain Peanut
17-02-12, 09:57 PM
Browsing through some of my old car mags, last night and found a MGZS advert.

I had to scan it in two pages, and the text is blurred, but here is what it says "Don't you wish that you could have as much fun in the front seat as you once had in the back? But you need a practical car and everyone knows you have to sacrifice performance for practicality, right? Wrong. The MGZS offers both in spades. A 2.5 litre V6 engine delivers 0-60 in just 7.3 seconds. Race developed wishbone suspension offers perfect control. And the seats recline beautifully. So all things considered, your perfromance down dark country lanes will probably be better than ever."

I love the subtlty lol.....

pics wont upload!!!

Instantly reminds me of the SniffPetrol MG6 ads!!

mattie007
17-02-12, 10:05 PM
Reminds me of the original ZT ad.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkDWI6o_1fE

daytona365
18-02-12, 03:54 PM
I like that ZT advert!!! The MGR boys were certainly not afraid to be un "PC". :wacko:

Fred68
25-02-12, 03:50 PM
It was that very add and what Tiff Needell said about the 180 that convinced me to part with £13,000 for a Trophy Blue 180 saloon in December 2002!! It was love at first drive and I've never regretted owning that or my latest Z!!

stamford
25-02-12, 03:57 PM
It was that very add and what Tiff Needell said about the 180 that convinced me to part with £13,000 for a Trophy Blue 180 saloon in December 2002!! It was love at first drive and I've never regretted owning that or my latest Z!!

Good to hear! :D have some rep!

peterzs
25-02-12, 05:33 PM
Love the ad. Wonder if she could change a wheel as well????

:laugh::laugh::laugh: