PDA

View Full Version : What should I do....

starfire039
20-02-12, 04:04 PM
Wanting to sell my ZS's in persuit of a more ecomical Seat Ibiza deisel.... however I've come to this conclusion whilst I haven't been driving, and I know what I'm like, I'd miss my MGs... being on here and coming to meets was all part of the fun, and the amount of fun I had with my ZS was probably worth the cost of running it....

I'm kind of warming to the idea of just giving two fingers to the price of petrol and sticking with the trusty (and thirsty) KV6. When I got my car before the VIS motors packed up, I couldn't have been happier.

I could either sell my 2 ZS's, and get an economical car, keep my 180 or get another 180. I kind of want to get a mark 2, but I've been looking at some cars that already have aftermarket exhausts and this appeals to me- I would spend more than my current 180 is worth on mods (exhaust, induction, mr reidy's services)... my dream ZS is a mark 2 saloon in blue, with the extreme spoiler.

What does everyone else think?

Ritchy
20-02-12, 04:18 PM
only you can know really what you truley want, i know youve listed your cars up in the past and youve never got the money youve been asking for for them
tbh im not a big fan of vag cars, but that may just be from a working on them point of view

peterzs
20-02-12, 04:19 PM
Think I would sell one ZS, with the cash sort the KV6, new Vis motors etc and a bit of cash left to fill the tank a few times.

Bring it to the meets and have fun.

:wave::wave::wave:

starfire039
20-02-12, 04:40 PM
Thing is if I saw a blue saloon mk2 for less than £2500 I don't think I would be able to control the urge..... lol!

Having said that, it's nice having my 180 with 144,000 miles on the clock- shuts people up about the ZS not being built to last!

stamford
20-02-12, 05:22 PM
Speaking from experience it is easy to buy a car for the right reasons and then hate every minute behind the wheel because it did everything you asked of it but had no soul.

Either keep the 180 you have now and buy new vis units or sell cheaply and buy a well sorted, well known mk2 from someone here etc. Do what you can afford to do and do it for the right reasons.

I have had my 180 for nearly 7 years now and I would like a mk2 180 to go with it, that is how much I love these cars! I have no hankering for anything else, I'm more than happy with the car as it is. I'm lucky as I have my Discovery for everyday, dog wagon, tow barge and winter use and the zed for fun and nice weather to and from work as and when I wish. I still managed 8k miles this year!

Smokey
20-02-12, 09:40 PM
Well, I love the ZS's and even though they sometimes don't seem to like me, I still keep buying them! Reason? They make me smile every time!

However, this is you're decision to make mate, I hope you make the right one.