PDA

View Full Version : CD question...

arwilson80
23-11-07, 12:40 PM
Just saw this (http://www.moto-build.com/mainsite/mgzs_cd.html) and wondered if anyone had it. It is quite obviously a copy....

john180
23-11-07, 12:45 PM
why didnt they use an image of a standard zs. that pic would put me off it lol.

sorry never seen the disc before to answer your question - maybe worth gettin one to see if its any good.

Maxxed_Ross
23-11-07, 01:06 PM
they seem to come up on ebay alot but as far as I know Kev is the only person on here with that sort of thing. He was talking about putting them on the site.

He would be the best person to ask buddy

al_roverMG
23-11-07, 01:49 PM
they seem to come up on ebay alot but as far as I know Kev is the only person on here with that sort of thing. He was talking about putting them on the site.

He would be the best person to ask buddy

Is he?? so the copy i have on my pen drive isnt the official RAVE then?? LOL Is freely available so why anyone would pay for it, especially 10 quid, is beyond me.

grimmy
23-11-07, 02:14 PM
I am in possession of said cd for the mk 1 Kev i think has the mk2 one

john180
23-11-07, 02:18 PM
Is he?? so the copy i have on my pen drive isnt the official RAVE then?? LOL Is freely available so why anyone would pay for it, especially 10 quid, is beyond me.

any chance of a copy then?? :wave:

arwilson80
23-11-07, 02:34 PM
So it's just the RAVE CD? That's what i thought... I think i've seen that one somewhere. ;)

al_roverMG
23-11-07, 05:12 PM
So it's just the RAVE CD? That's what i thought... I think i've seen that one somewhere. ;)

Yeah thats exactly what it is but probably had the "key" modified so as not to need the computers clock to need to be wound back to 2003. I have a feeling mine is pre Mk2 but to be honest there is so little difference for most things it isnt worth worrying about. Will see if i can get hold of the patch for the "key" and then will suggest to sammy we upload it somewhere.

RalphG
23-11-07, 06:23 PM
My guess is that it is another illegal copy of the Rave CD.

stamford
23-11-07, 06:50 PM
It must be okay if it being offered for sale by Moto-Build, otherwise they will be in trouble!

I have a copy of the Rave cd myself.

al_roverMG
24-11-07, 07:00 AM
My guess is that it is another illegal copy of the Rave CD.

There is nothing ILLEGAL about copies of rave. The copyright is now unregistered on the copyright database as was still under ownership of MG-rover and a copyright cannot be registered by a bankrupted company.

henocsr
24-11-07, 06:11 PM
lots of copys of rave about, and epc I have some geniue, and some not so geniune. My guess is that this cd is just a copy of half the rave disc.

henocsr
24-11-07, 06:13 PM
There is nothing ILLEGAL about copies of rave. The copyright is now unregistered on the copyright database as was still under ownership of MG-rover and a copyright cannot be registered by a bankrupted company.

yeah thats right, nothing illegal about copying rave. X parts EPC is a different matter i think.

RalphG
25-11-07, 10:15 PM
Legal copies of the Rave CDs are distributed by XPart to the AutoService Centres. I guess that XPart are the copyright holders.

Zippy Saloon
30-11-07, 11:12 AM
Am sure most of RAVE was available on another forum at one time as PDFs, but that forum seems to have ceased to exist.:(

I have some of it but now wish I had it all. Got the CD but sometimes resetting the clock really upsets my computer.
Luckily have printed a lot of it out over time anyway.

Came across a company selling manuals on CD (almost all makes), enquired about whether you had to change date and they said yes - seemed a dodgy thing for a company to do. (Not MotoBuild, BTW)