PDA

View Full Version : M.O.T time..........

steven.winder
29-02-12, 10:10 AM
Well its that time of year again, getting it done a month early incase it needs anything. I fitted ne wipers as I knew it needed them and also hard wired the airbag connections under both front seats to get rid of the light. All tyres are good as are brakes so guess its just a fingers crossed kind of day. Wish me luck :thumbsup:

Lukeus101
29-02-12, 10:13 AM
Im sure it will be fine :D

stamford
29-02-12, 10:31 AM
Bet it'll fly through!

peterzs
29-02-12, 11:06 AM
Good luck, sure it will fly through.

:wave:

steven.winder
29-02-12, 11:15 AM
Cheers guys, I will post an update later on after the test :/

Enright
29-02-12, 11:16 AM
Just questioning the "getting it done a month early incase it needs anything" comment:
If it fails on something badly then doesn't that just invalidate your MoT (and hence your insurance) a month early?
I'm not sure on the law here so any clarification would be welcome, but I thought that if a car failed it's MoT then it could be seen by the law as being officially un-roadworthy. So unless you're taking it to be fixed then it shouldn't be used.
If it's about spreading the cost of repairs over the month then I can understand the logic, but otherwise I can't see how the argument stacks up.

BTW good luck with the test and hope it doesn't cost too much. :)

stamford
29-02-12, 12:38 PM
I thought that too, but my daughters AX failed 2 weeks prior to its expiry date and she could still use it on the current MOT certificate according to the garage's boss.

steven.winder
29-02-12, 01:01 PM
I thought that too, but my daughters AX failed 2 weeks prior to its expiry date and she could still use it on the current MOT certificate according to the garage's boss.

Correct mate, it means your not stuck only being able to drive to and from the. Test station and if it passes today I have 13 months test :)

steven.winder
29-02-12, 03:59 PM
Fresh bill of health :) just advisory for front pads and rear seat belt (could not check as child seat was fitted) so new pads and discs have been ordered and will get them fitted tomorrow night! Happy with that! Oh and the MOT was free because my mate owed me a favour! Not tested by him just done on his account at a test station just in case it sounds like a "mates" MOT test lol

peterzs
29-02-12, 04:26 PM
Well done, more get through than fail.

steven.winder
29-02-12, 05:00 PM
Cheers mate, I just find more reasons to love it each day!!

grimmy
29-02-12, 05:06 PM
Nice one. These cars seem to get through no problem

daytona365
29-02-12, 06:47 PM
Nice one. These cars seem to get through no problem
Thats because a) they such good cars b) we all love them so look after them and if anything does go wrong, c) we got the best site to help each other. :yoji:

steven.winder
29-02-12, 07:07 PM
I agree fully!! Seems a great site :)

theboynoz
29-02-12, 08:07 PM
cool, could do with luck like that myself, got my ZS and Mondeo both due by the end of March....

steven.winder
29-02-12, 08:19 PM
My Mrs' Civic is due next month to and so far I can't see anything it might need so fingers crossed for that one aswell as you to mate! Hope they both fly through.

theboynoz
29-02-12, 08:24 PM
cheers, going to book them in soon and get a discount for two being done at once lol.

steven.winder
29-02-12, 09:18 PM
Sucks that there both due at same time! Sure you will be fine though mate.

theboynoz
16-03-12, 07:12 PM
Well after taking both cars in BOTH passed first time!!! Get in!

peterzs
16-03-12, 09:46 PM
Well done always good to get the pass.

Dont think much of the one they give you now!!!!

:happy2::happy2::happy2: