PDA

View Full Version : Another MPG Thread!

Taphouse
29-02-12, 06:20 PM
Not that it matter to much to me, as I don't use the car that much, but this time is it a good mpg thread!!

Had to have the cat fitted for the MOT last week, and I had to use the ZS all week for commuting, about a 50/50 split of around town, and motorway. I got a remarkable 33mpg!!! Not bad for a 180 with mani's, exhaust, and cams. Who says the cars are bad on fuel?? That's better than our commuter at the moment!! Madness! :clap2:

Needless to say the de-cat will be going back on, and ZS into its new garage tomorrow until the spring. :thumbsup:

Supercharged_Z
29-02-12, 06:32 PM
this has had the reidy remap too remember :)

Nobrainer
29-02-12, 06:37 PM
Did you have to put the cat back on to pass the emissions Andy?

Taphouse
29-02-12, 08:05 PM
this has had the reidy remap too remember :)

Well worth the money then i say!

Yeah, it turn into a bit of a ordeal because the O2 sensor was stuck in the de-cat.

talkingcars
29-02-12, 08:05 PM

You wont pass the emisions test with janspeed mani's and a decat.

theboynoz
29-02-12, 08:31 PM
Hmmm, not sure the MPG, haven't worked it out yet, but i am getting an average of 260 miles per tank in my 120..... Does that sound bad, only the Mondeo (same size engine and tank etc) gets 300 round town and according to the trip computer in that it is averaging 32MPG or so. So i guess the Zed is doing 26MPG or thereabouts

stamford
29-02-12, 09:19 PM
Hmmm, not sure the MPG, haven't worked it out yet, but i am getting an average of 260 miles per tank in my 120..... Does that sound bad, only the Mondeo (same size engine and tank etc) gets 300 round town and according to the trip computer in that it is averaging 32MPG or so. So i guess the Zed is doing 26MPG or thereabouts

You have a problem, I can average 320 to a tank in my 180! Andy's car is a well tuned example and his is miles better, best get yours checked mate.

pheelay
29-02-12, 11:33 PM
I get 320 miles from a tank too, but can only manage that on a long run if taking it easy. Around town or if the vis motors are getting a lot of exercise then lucky to see 250.

I'm a bit of a mpg geek and use the site fuelly.com to track it.
http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-uk/93682.png (http://www.fuelly.com/driver/pheelay/zs)

but this time is it a good mpg thread!!

These threads are good until the derv boys get here!! ;)

stamford
01-03-12, 06:34 AM
I can still get 320 with mixed driving and being heavy footed, the Reidyremap has given me that. Even on track days I am not using as much as I used to.

steven.winder
01-03-12, 07:35 AM

I get around 380-400 miles to a tank with a mix of A and B road driving in my 120, worst I have had was 340 when I was due a service and had a heavy foot that time lol

peterzs
01-03-12, 08:58 AM
These threads are good until the derv boys get here!! ;)

I'll keep quite, after the SDi's I just fill up and dont worry about the mpg, in case I have a shock.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CyrixDes
02-03-12, 02:35 PM
I dont know if anyone else has noticed but my 180 varies hugely between what petrol I put in. This is over several fill ups and driving the car in the same way on the same roads and same commute, I have found that with sainsburys fuel I was getting a disappointing 250 - 260 miles a tank and with our local jet I get 280 - 290 a tank? Is always steered clear of supermarket fuel in the past but as my commute changed it suited me to go to sainsburys as the only petrol station on my route. Odd because you would think it all came from the same refineries? Has anybody else found this?

talkingcars
02-03-12, 06:06 PM
Which grade of fuel are you using?

I've been using Sainsburys super (97ron) for a while but had to fill up at a BP that only had regular, I seemed to go from about 22 mpg to 25 mpg on that tank full which I put down to it being a long journey on single carrageway A roads, I did try 3 tanks of Sainsburys regular and the average dropped to just over 20 mpg but I did manage 29mpg running up to Stanstead on 95ron.

On the trip to Stoneleigh I used Sainsburys 97 ron and managed 28 mpg on a spirited run.

I've been using fuelly.com to record my consumption -
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/talkingcars/zs

CyrixDes
02-03-12, 07:00 PM
Thats bog standard 95 fuel mate from both Jet and Sainsburys. Those mileage quotes are based on approx a 10 gallon fill up so if I can get 280 im pretty comfortable at 28 mpg, its when its dropping to 240 - 250 that I have issues! Lets face it though as im lucky enough to commute along winding country lanes and driving in a somewhat spirited fashion I shouldnt be too unhappy at 280 I guess!

I was just intrigued at how different retailers fuel seemed to give me such a difference of 30 miles a tank, which is nearly 10% based on those figures?

Nobrainer
02-03-12, 09:21 PM
I think you could easily get that much variance over a tank. My Octavia (which is the only car I have stats for) will give anywhere from 28 to 38 mpg with an average of 33. Though the driving style varies quite a bit.