PDA

View Full Version : should i now keep my zs 180?

kev mocko
02-03-12, 10:16 PM
Well Ive came to the decision im going to keep it as its mint,low mileage,n never let me down plus what i have spent on it il never get back,had some idiot come and look at it last weekend,And he brought his so called mechanic to check the car over,and the tool didnt even check the car over,lifted the bonnet,and just told the guy who was intrested,Oh' dont buy that mate its a rover after all,and all rovers are nothing but trouble,head gaskets and all that and walked away,what an absolute t*@t :chair:,So ive decided im going to keep it as i have a van for work so the fuel cost will stay down a bit better,dont these people annoy you though,why do they have to turn up and insult you instead of just saying no sorry pal,so im going to clean it up and mint it up a little more now and theres not much else catches my eye apart from another clio 172 but too pricey for me nowerdays,,:happy:

ZS Phil
02-03-12, 10:28 PM
What a nob, why did he need to look under the bonnet to know it was a rover engine? At least it hasnt gone to somebody who wont appreciate it.

stamford
03-03-12, 08:13 AM
He's no mechanic otherwise he'd know the history of the 180, what a tool!

Better the devil you know I say. Common sense prevailed in the end, good move :thumbsup:

petet16
03-03-12, 08:16 AM
I had the same when I sold a Rover coupe turbo, the bloke turned up with his expert mechanic, who proclaimed that "these Honda engines are very unreliable" utter to55er:chair:

I'd keep your 180, at least you know where you are with it.

kev mocko
03-03-12, 09:50 AM
Yep i was fuming,just walked back into my house ,id been out in the car because he only told me last thing he was turning up,so as the engine was hot the oil level would be wrong,the tool turned round and said theres no oil in this engine,i said it had been out,and baring in mind it had an oil change in jan 6 litres,i was fuming i hate time wasters,