PDA

View Full Version : not happy at all!!

steven.winder
06-03-12, 03:49 PM
Last night went out for a meal with all the family for a birthday celebration and on the way there managed to cut it too sharp around a VERY tight corner due to someone parking a mondeo on yellow lines blocking me in my road and now have a 2' very deep scratch down the passenger rear door from a nail sticking out of a wall!! Is it worth getting repaired or trying to source a new door in the same colour??

sheldore
06-03-12, 03:59 PM
Where abouts did that happen if you don't mind me asking, was it kirkgate because thats awkward when people park stupid.

peterzs
06-03-12, 05:08 PM
I would get some quotes, we have a company down here that will repair the scratch and match the paint, rather than paint the whole side that some garages will say has to happen.

andymgzs180
06-03-12, 05:33 PM
must be something in the air, we went to weston super mud on sunday in the wifes zr and upon returning to the car park is a whacking gurt dent in the drivers door. took to garage yesterday and he reckons new door and wing to make sure the colour matches.....£350+vat!!:console:

Sindy
06-03-12, 05:42 PM
Look on eBay if u can match the colour £30 To £60 just looked hope u find one

peterzs
06-03-12, 05:48 PM
Too big for these "dents away" guys??

Long as the paints not cracked they can usually get the dings out and you cant see where it was. Small dents down here £50 to sort out.

talkingcars
06-03-12, 06:33 PM
Steven - Although it may not be a perfect match to the trained eye I'd consider a same colour second hand door.

However photos of the damage would help.

Andy - is there CCTV in the carpark?

andymgzs180
06-03-12, 08:24 PM
Steven - Although it may not be a perfect match to the trained eye I'd consider a same colour second hand door.

However photos of the damage would help.

Andy - is there CCTV in the carpark?

no cctv but there was a car park warden and he says car's parked at your own risk. dent is two bid to bang out, must off been hit with some force mind.
gonna go to a local breakers tomorrow and hope they got some blue zr's and that they'll match if they have? the misses aint happy lol!

stamford
06-03-12, 09:31 PM
Should have taken a photo of the illegally parked car, nothing to lose by doing this and trying to claim back any damages.

steven.winder
06-03-12, 10:03 PM
Where abouts did that happen if you don't mind me asking, was it kirkgate because thats awkward when people park stupid.

It was on kirkgate turning to mackareth row nex to the swan!!

I will put pic up tomorrow and its defo too large to sort out without filling and painting. Thanks for all the advice but I have just been told therte is a brg zed in a local scrappy so will investigate that route first I think :)

starfire039
07-03-12, 10:42 AM
Second hand door might be an idea, can save you a lot of cash! Garage prices make me shudder. £350+vat for a bloody DOOR.

andymgzs180
07-03-12, 01:04 PM
good news, have bought a blue mg zr door for £30 from scrap yard. not a mark on it and best of all the colour matches perfectly. garage can shove there £350+vat up there a*** lol! i now have a happy misses(she best pay me back later:love:)

peterzs
07-03-12, 01:45 PM
Glad its turned out alright

;);););)

steven.winder
07-03-12, 01:56 PM
Mine should be sorted soon to! ChrisG has a door in the same colour and he's only 25 mins up the road!! SCORE!!

andymgzs180
07-03-12, 02:47 PM
Mine should be sorted soon to! ChrisG has a door in the same colour and he's only 25 mins up the road!! SCORE!!

glad you got yours sorted too, too many people just cough up and get ripped of by garages these days!