PDA

View Full Version : 2002 MG ZS 180 - Low Mileage

Levi
07-03-12, 05:59 PM
Right, I've been thinking of doing this for a while now but I thought I'd wait until MOT was due, and put 12 months test on her. Details are as follows...

Mk1 ZS 180
Silver
67,800 miles
12 months MOT
4 months Tax (just under)
3 previous owners + me

INTERIOR......

Immaculate condition apart from a coke stain on the drivers seat, which to be fair isn't that noticeable. Rear head rests and just generally nice overall condition, one of the things the sold the car to me!

EXTERIOR.......

She has the usual light scratches, chips etc on most panels, but no different to any other car of the same age, and still looks lovely when cleaned up. All the alloys have scuffs on them and for the perfectionist, would benefit from a refurb.

MECHANICALLY- Good bits......

Since I have had the car, I have had the slave cylinder bracket let me down, and the dreaded inlet/VIS rattle. As a result the car benefits from a low mileage replacement plenum and VIS motors (from a 49k ZT) which works very well, a brand new clutch slave cylinder, and a replacement bracket which is in good condition. I have also replaced the gear linkage bushes with Moto Build uprated ones as these were suspected to be worn. Good service history as follows....

10,586 - 14/02/2003
21,460 - 01/03/2004
41,656 - 18/01/2006
47,254 - 19/04/2007
59,500 - 17/03/2010 (including Timing belt)

Also serviced Jan 2012 whilst I have had this car. This included....

Air filter
Pollen filter
Fuel filter
Oil & filter
NGK Iridium Spark plugs
Magnecor HT Leads
Heater resistor

MECHANICALLY - Not so good bits......

First things first, the car drives lovely without fault, but if I were to keep the car, I would eventually want to investigate the 'sloppy gear change' that it has. I first changed the linkage bushes as these are common to fail, but it seems that the play is coming from elsewhere, possibly the selector shaft of the gearbox (attached to the selector rod by the roll pin). This however, does not affect gear selection, it's just something to adapt to!!

As a result of the MOT, 2 of the tyres will need replacing for the next MOT (march 2013) due to wear on the inner edge.

OTHER POINTS ABOUT THE CAR.....

The car is standard apart from a Piper 2.5" Stainless cat back, and a Janspeed high flow Cat, these sound lovely, and are quiet as far as aftermarket exhausts go. I have a filter and silicone pipe to go on to help stop oil getting back into the inlet, this will come with the car.

I think this is everything I can say about the car, and I have been honest with the ad. It has been a pleasure owning this car so far and may even own another one one day! My reason for selling is to set myself up with something more economical ready for when I move a bit further away from work in October. Any questions, offers, viewings etc, just ask.

Lots of pictures to follow tomorrow.

£1,000 ovno.

Cheers
Lee

peterzs
07-03-12, 07:15 PM
Sounds a good price, belts done etc, think the pics will sell it.

Best of luck with the sale.

:yes::yes::yes:

Levi
09-03-12, 12:10 PM
Thanks pete!

Sorry for the delay in pictures, this is provisionally sold via P/X, so if it falls through I will upload some pictures.

Ive been watching a few Mark 1's on eBay, and it's such a shame that there is a lack of interest/value in these cars now, after driving/owning one of these I can honestly say it's the best all round car i have owned. The only good thing about this though, and one of the things that i liked about this car is that they are not common, you rarely see them on the road which makes you feel like you've got something a bit more special!

I'll be genuinely sorry to see my ZS go and can definitely see another one on my drive in a year or 2 when circumstances are different. Good luck to all the others selling up!

peterzs
09-03-12, 05:37 PM
Get a real bargain I reckon.

:wave: