PDA

View Full Version : just when you are starting to enjoy yourself.

grimmy
15-03-12, 07:44 AM
The effing rear driver side brake has started to bind badly.driving to work this morning and felt that the car wasn't pulling as well as it was. got to work to find smoke belching from said brake pissed off is an understatement.praying I haven't warped the disc or destroyed the pads to badly as I can't bloody afford to buy them the feckers are less than a year old.

Dan1971
15-03-12, 08:32 AM
The effing rear driver side brake has started to bind badly.driving to work this morning and felt that the car wasn't pulling as well as it was. got to work to find smoke belching from said brake pissed off is an understatement.praying I haven't warped the disc or destroyed the pads to badly as I can't bloody afford to buy them the feckers are less than a year old.

If you need some mate and mine off the 180 would go on - let me know. They won't be dear - I promise you.

grimmy
15-03-12, 08:42 AM
If you need some mate and mine off the 180 would go on - let me know. They won't be dear - I promise you.

Cheers Dan wil get back to you later in the day once I have had a proper look.

stamford
15-03-12, 09:42 AM
Christ Gra that's crap mate. Hope it's not done in.

Fred68
15-03-12, 10:17 AM
I had the same thing happen in November :( I didn't notice until the rear disc was white hot!! The disc ended up the shape of a crisp and pads were cooked too :( The caliper got a seal kit and a pair of drilled discs we fitted along with new pads! It cost me more than I wanted to spend rite before Xmass but stuff happens :( hopefully you'll get it sorted!! Good luck

grimmy
15-03-12, 05:58 PM
Right well got the car home,wheel off and had a look the outside pad had just about seized in the caliper so whipped it off filed it down regreased everything and its all good.Phew.no damage done i must have realised the problem before any was done.lucky man.

Smokey
15-03-12, 06:56 PM
Woohoo, good stuff mate!!

peterzs
15-03-12, 07:00 PM
Good bit of news, does seem a problem area to keep your eye on.

:):):)

Maxfly
15-03-12, 07:27 PM
Glad you got that sorted bud, still a pain in the arse tho:(

andys1981
15-03-12, 07:34 PM
glad ye got it sorted mate!