PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Norfolk that can solder??

James Raby
16-03-12, 03:27 PM
I REALLY need my VIS indicator lights resoldered into the loom!!

Not happy with the way it was doen last year and want my lights to stop flickering or appearing dead LOL

Will travel if needed...

big_wasa
16-03-12, 03:34 PM
I am spalding lincs, 20 miles from the border if you get stuck.

Not been bodged in with skotch locks have they. Sounds like the viz motors could do with the sheddist touch.

James Raby
16-03-12, 04:34 PM
got this kit from Jay http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=55496&highlight=vis+indicator

Mate soldered it in, but I told him I wanted it done another way but nooooooooooooo.....

big_wasa
16-03-12, 04:42 PM
How do you mean ?

If it has good electrical contact then its telling you your vis motors need some work.

How bad can his soldering be ?

Ritchy
16-03-12, 04:44 PM
im an awesome solderer....but im in glasgow:P

James Raby
16-03-12, 05:41 PM
Bad earthing I think, sometimes work but hardly ever on the right hand side, no lights, knew dodgy connection as wiggle and lights up

James Raby
16-03-12, 06:26 PM
How bad can his soldering be ?

Missed that. Hmmm, shall we say "Never seen it wrapped round a wire before"
I like a good solid all soldered over connection

talkingcars
16-03-12, 06:44 PM
Sometimes winding one wire around the other is a good place to start but agreed, it does then need to be completly covered in solder.

Have you considered teaching yourself?
Cheap soldering irons are only a few quid and you can practice on some scrap cable.
There are plenty of guides on the internet but the 2 important things are to make sure the wires and iron are clean and that you get it hot enough before applying the solder.

big_wasa
17-03-12, 10:25 AM
With soldier less can be more :smart: put a photo up.

If the lights are going off or you have two on at once your motors may need some tlc.

James Raby
19-03-12, 07:52 PM
All lights go off, it's a soldering earth problem - honest!