PDA

View Full Version : my poor zs

DaMoZ-MG
18-03-12, 10:01 AM
well my poor zs is been off the road for over 2 years, in the mean time the car got broken into. all my audio equepment got stollen. they lost most of the parts i suplied them and only replaced some of the bits. wen i left the car with them we agreed they would do the job inbetween other jobs too keep costs down, in june last year i told them i needed the car by august to go to scotland, they said yeah no problem, it will only take couple off weeks to complet the work. awswome i replied. but sadly it wasnt to be. in the last few weeks id been back and fore, but last week was the finnal straw.so went down on monday with a trailer and took the car.:wave:

work still to be done:
re'aline front pannel (as its not fitted properly)and paint
paint and refit bonnet,
strip bumper and paint.
and a few others that the new garrage said needed doing.

pic of what the car lookes like at the mo, will update as the rebuild goes along.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv73/damozmg/DSC01046.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv73/damozmg/DSC01118.jpg

peterzs
18-03-12, 10:13 AM
First garage sounds a load of B's, hope you get it sorted and back on the road soon.

Have to post up and see if anyone has the audio stuff you need to replace the stolen lot.

:yes::yes::yes:

talkingcars
18-03-12, 10:14 AM
Hope they sort it quickly.

Where was the car when the stereo got nicked?

DaMoZ-MG
18-03-12, 10:32 AM
the car was outside of the workshop, though they say it was in a nabours yard when the equipment was stollen,(the owner of the yard asked them to move the car) i aurgued the car was in there care and they should replace the eqepment.

stamford
18-03-12, 11:40 AM
Name and shame, that is out of order, sorry to hear you've been strung along.

talkingcars
18-03-12, 11:51 AM
the car was outside of the workshop, though they say it was in a nabours yard when the equipment was stollen,(the owner of the yard asked them to move the car) i aurgued the car was in there care and they should replace the eqepment.

Completly agree - if you have left the car with them regardless of where they parked the car it is their responsibility.

Name and shame, that is out of order, sorry to hear you've been strung along.

Again, completley agree - although originally they were doing it inbetween jobs they then agreed to turn it out quicker, there is only a few days work there so they should have been able too - and as for "losing" parts, wonder if they turned up on eBay, I've heard that one before.

DaMoZ-MG
18-03-12, 12:13 PM
well the garage is called G&G paintworks in south wales and i would apeal to people to avoud like the plauge, nothin but hasle and they got the wrong attitude to be in buisness. eveytime i went to check on progress id get the question '' what you after bud'' well since my car is in your premises what do you think i want???

DaMoZ-MG
20-06-12, 09:03 PM
bit of an update its all painted and almost back together, stuck her on the trailer and towed her home. so now the list:

get reinforcing bar and fit bumper,
get 2 bulb holders for frount fogs, along with switch and relay,
new third brake light as mine is hanging off,
fit new EBC groved discs and Green stuff pads,
book VIC check,
insure car,
fix any other thngs for mot,
finaly tax it,
then it a good valet inside and out!!

here she is at home
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv73/damozmg/DSC00130.jpg

KevG
20-06-12, 09:08 PM
And get a wheel arch liner too.

DaMoZ-MG
20-06-12, 09:21 PM
verry well spotted that, i was woundering how long it would take some 1 to notice .... its in the boot, forgot to add to list

andys1981
20-06-12, 10:11 PM
well done on keeping the faith with the car,this company you gave the car to,if ma car was in there hands damn right id have gave them it tight,stuff going missing etc,a wouldent be goin back to them mate,hope it all works out,keep us updated with the progress mate,looking a lot better now may i add