PDA

View Full Version : Were are my f***ing dust cap's

Z Scotland
13-07-07, 03:38 PM
Like the title says were are my dust cap's. I was on my way down to craigtara caravan park (west coast sth of Ayr)
to pick up some family member's so we decided to stop in ayr at the retailpark for some breakfast at asda we couldn't
of been 30 min yes you guessed they were gone 1week old
(silver with MG logo)

IM SO PISSED OFF:jump:

(Craig were where you today):hmmm::laugh:

Robstar
13-07-07, 03:45 PM
Bah I hate it when that happens. I was a way with friends in eccles and in 20 mins my blue alloy dustcaps were gone.

Aaaarrrggghhhhhhh

Gonna get some with anti theft this time though!!!!!

Zippy Saloon
13-07-07, 04:45 PM
Probably gonna speak too soon here, but I have always just used the black plastic standard ones and not had any nicked in over 25 years of driving!

stamford
13-07-07, 04:57 PM
I know, it is so annoying, I've had a couple of sets taken, I caught the little scrotes last time and told them to hand them over while I took their picture on my camera-phone, not seen them since!

I do have some anti-theft ones, but took them off for a track day and haven't put them back on.

The first set I had were some really nice blue anodised ones I bought while on holiday in the states.................gone!

lukiep160
13-07-07, 05:33 PM
I've been lucky so far my chrome with green MG logo haven't gone yet

sduk
13-07-07, 05:37 PM
ive had this once, i got a set of silver ones and they were gone within a week lol.

i was gonna get the anti theft ones, but i have seen theives cut them off to get them. so dont want that to happen and ruin the valves.

Zippy Saloon
13-07-07, 06:20 PM
I meant to get a hold of some of the flush ones before I had my new tyres fitted but went and forgot - may remember next time!

When fitted you just have something similar to a large screw head showing - you have to screw in an adapter to check pressures, very neat.

Craig
13-07-07, 06:28 PM
thats crap mate, worst thing is it was probs an mg owner (a zr owner most likely :D) that nicked them.

Maxfly
13-07-07, 06:34 PM
thats crap mate, worst thing is it was probs an mg owner (a zr owner most likely :D) that nicked them.

:whistle:

Na only kiddin!! I got the anti theft ones, worked a treat, but one of them seized up and i couldnt get it freed up, sure enough it went missing 2 weeks ago, so if anyone has a spare richbrook cap floating about pass it ere please:smart:

RalphG
13-07-07, 06:35 PM
Answer, one of the following:

a) on eBay
b) on thief's car
c) on thief and friend's bicycles

TurboZed
13-07-07, 07:14 PM
I caught a little ****er removing mine a few years ago..I was walking up behind him quietly and kicked him up the arse sooo hard he didn't land for a few feet, then ran away crying, leaving his bike behind. Although it felt great doing it, I was cacking myself for weeks expecting Mr Pold to pay a visit, but I got away with it.

Z Scotland
13-07-07, 09:26 PM
I thought this would ring home for a few of you .So glad i did't see them cause i don't think it was kids.
(probs wouldn't be here now:shutup2:)
These were proper steel ones tightened with spanner that i couldn't unscrew with my hands so they new what to use.

And that's the fourth set in as many month's:mad::mad:

arwilson80
14-07-07, 10:32 PM
Not had any of mine nicked yet. The tyre place i go to puts silver ones on too. :)

ian zs180
22-07-07, 03:21 PM
just yesterday i was in the tesco carpark in southport no sooner i pulled up and got out of my car i seen 2 little gits on push bikes going round with a plastic bag probley putting dust caps in there they seen me watching them around my car and got off but i expected to come out of the shop and them be gone but they where still on so i was lucky i caught them before i went in the shop they probley thought twice about taking them as they probley thought i would still be watching them from somewhere

ThumpJunkie
22-07-07, 03:25 PM
This is why I just have black rubber jobbies on mine. Used to have silver anti-theft ones on, but some **** thieved them! :crazy:

Z Scotland
22-07-07, 08:51 PM
ANTI-THEFT AND THEY GOT STOLEN:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::j oker::joker::joker::joker:

Leasky
22-07-07, 08:57 PM
ive passed replacing them with the fancy chrome ones i new just go for the stock black crappy numbers lol

stamford
22-07-07, 08:59 PM
Mine are still on the car after two weeks!

*goes to look to see if i'm right!*

MGZS55
22-07-07, 08:59 PM

lol'd ^^^

Z Scotland
22-07-07, 09:32 PM

You should sit by the window you never know when it will happen....GO QUICK:guns:

lukiep160
22-07-07, 09:37 PM
ive passed replacing them with the fancy chrome ones i new just go for the stock black crappy numbers lol

they'll have them aswell thieving little pikeys :chair:

stamford
23-07-07, 07:17 AM
You should sit by the window you never know when it will happen....GO QUICK:guns:

I've got my zed plugged into the lamppost..................:thumbsup: fry the mothers!

stamford
23-07-07, 07:19 AM
they'll have them aswell thieving little pikeys :chair:

That's what I like about this forum, we can say pikey, add a swear word and not get an infraction! :thumbsup:............................yet!:shifty:

stamford
14-08-07, 12:26 PM
What can I say..................thieving little *******s have taken two last night, they were on tight with a spanner as well! Oh well back to black ickle ones again!

Don't think I'll bother anymore.............. :axe:

shroonie29
14-08-07, 12:34 PM
Had some on mine when I first got her.They had gone the day after I fitted them lol.Now I use those uber sexy black plastic ones :slap:

Shroon

arwilson80
14-08-07, 12:36 PM
I'm lucky so far. Never lost any (unless i forgot to put them back on after checking tyre pressures.:blush:) yet...