PDA

View Full Version : What is this light? Coolant?

Burrelly
19-03-12, 05:01 PM
This light came on for about a minute today then gone off and I have not seen it since. What does the light indicate?

It's was a small tank with wavy lines at the bottom. Almost like fire at the bottom of the tank.

Cheers
Dave

carmadbaker
19-03-12, 05:05 PM
low coolant i think? often a naff switch, if you have a full tank i wouldnt worry :)

petet16
19-03-12, 05:06 PM
Coolant level warning, they seem to be very sensitive on the zs, just keep an eye on the level to be on the safe side but it's probably a false alarm.

Jem
19-03-12, 05:32 PM
Yea Coolant light mine was doing it alot mainly when i first started the car.

andys1981
19-03-12, 06:13 PM
mines has came on twice since owning the zr,just keep an eye on the coolant level dave

mhamps
19-03-12, 08:00 PM
Mine's on too, but i have a full tank.

Matt

Burrelly
20-03-12, 07:29 AM
I checked the coolant this morning and its sitting at the Max line so looks like a faulty sensor.

peterzs
20-03-12, 08:06 AM
I had my one come on, when I was going back home after a few laps round Brands Hatch.

Thought I had done the engine in, checked it at the first services and all seemed OK. Light flashed a few more times on the way back.

Next day took the coolant bottle off, to sort out the sender. Most weird set up on the MK2. I was expecting a float in the bottle but there is a probe like thing under where the bottle sits. Anyway out with the trusty WD40, sprayed all the connectors and put it back together.

That was a couple of years ago and touch wood, all has been good.

:yay::yay:

gibbzy2k1
13-04-12, 09:52 AM
I ran out of coolant twice and the light hasn't come one!!! It cam on once a few years ago when I was a little low. So I know it once worked.

Zippy Saloon
13-04-12, 04:24 PM
I fitted a MkII tank to my ZS and wired it to a lamp on dash - occasionally flashes on for no reason at all (apart from scaring the crap out of you)

peterzs
13-04-12, 04:51 PM
Does come on when you start up and goes out when the engine fires up.

Mk2 derv one does!!!!

gibbzy2k1
16-04-12, 08:12 AM
Does come on when you start up and goes out when the engine fires up.

Mk2 derv one does!!!!

Mine does that when I first start it up but twice last week I lost coolant and my only warning sign was the steam from under the bonnet! They light would have been a nice warning! lol