PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Run results.

Sonic_160zr
20-03-12, 09:29 PM
Hey all,

Bit of a noobish thread.

I took the ZS and the ZR onto a dynapack dynorun at Auto Sport North on saturday with the .org Merseysiders and just got the printouts sent over to me. Im a little dissapointed to be honest as both were pretty far off the mark,

I dont think the bloke there has ever had a ZS 180 in there as he was really looking forward to seeing it and was puzzled by the torque curve it produced. I am a bit of a novice at dyno-runs adn rolling roads so Im not really sure what to make of it.

Both are standard bar S/S cat back exhausts.

Here is the ZS:

The figure is taken from the wheel and so called its about 20% off the flywheel so that would put it at roughly 155bhp by my workings. :(
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy276/sonic_160zr/ZKaFlR.jpg

I dont really know what to make of the graph tbh, could mean anything to me. Looking at it though, does it look like the VIS motors are working properly? Someone mentioned the second valve motor might not be working?

Here is the ZR as well for anyone interested. Again was hoping for better but not bad for an 11 year old car I guess. By my workings out puts it at roughly 130 bhp.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy276/sonic_160zr/SB6XQK.jpg

Comments and advice welcome :D

Cheers,
Matt

Sonic_160zr
20-03-12, 09:31 PM
Im an idiot! posted in the wrong section, can a mod or admin please put in the correct place please :D

Cheers,
Matt

MG6Turbo
20-03-12, 10:34 PM
Zs has a vis issue for sure.

Levi
20-03-12, 10:42 PM
I might be wrong, but if your going by 20% losses, that would make the flywheel figure about 161 bhp? Because 129 is 80% of 161, therefore 20% less.

Sonic_160zr
21-03-12, 06:13 AM
Zs has a vis issue for sure.

Could it be the 2nd motor do you think? I know the previous owner thought he was having issues and bought another motor but never fitted it. He was led to believe the 2nd green LED was faulty on the VIS indicator but maybe it could be the motor then? The Inlet still sounds ok, its not rattley or anything.

I might be wrong, but if your going by 20% losses, that would make the flywheel figure about 161 bhp? Because 129 is 80% of 161, therefore 20% less.

Could well be actually, I worked it out late last night. Maths was never a strong point for me lol.

Cheers,
Matt

Cheers,
Matt

Quadcam24
21-03-12, 06:34 AM
george is right , my guess is power valve motor is capput because mine was excat same and same graph.

Jay-ZS+
21-03-12, 08:31 PM
The drop from 4000rpm is where the power motor would normally kick in. Pull it out and check the soldering for hairline cracks.

Sonic_160zr
22-03-12, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the help guys, I have a new Power VIS motor so Ill whip the old one off and have a look/ replace if needed.

Cheers again,
Matt