PDA

View Full Version : Any one know this ZS

MR TWO
25-03-12, 06:53 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180755918625?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Alright people im concidering buying this car. colours nice imo. and I think with some standard rear lights and a propper clean could be a nice motor.

the clutch goes all the way to the floor and the garage said they are going to fit a new one before its sale. been doing abit off reserch and i think it might be the hydralics as this is a comman fault on these cars!?

not alot of history also read that this model cam belts are recomended before 90k so should be alright..

anything else i should look out for when i go for the test drive once the clutch has been fixed?

:beer2: Cheers

Steve mead
25-03-12, 06:59 PM
That one has been for sale for a long time. It was for sale when I got my 1st zs on 1 of jan.st

dean0
25-03-12, 07:03 PM
Colour wise not my cup of tea...

Belts are 90K or 6 years so if they have not been done they need doing!

check out the buying guide on here and you wont go far wrong

Oh, that car has been for sale for at least 3 months so there is a deal to be had i'm sure!

Good luck

MG6Turbo
25-03-12, 07:05 PM
Its worth £500.00.

Its got no proof of belts, and belts need doing either at 90k or 6 years which ever is sooner. Yes clutch hydraulics can be an issue but it maybe an underlying problem with the clutch fork causing premature hydraulics failure.

Also if i remember rightly, this car has been painted to look typhoon and it isnt an original factory paint job.

Typhoon is contemplating selling his car, and that has been well looked after and maintained.

Typhoon also is known as Steve Cleenz on this site. Give him a shout.

G

MR TWO
25-03-12, 07:08 PM
Thanks. Do you rember if its the same company that has been trying to sell it since january? They say they got in in part ex one month ago. they seem genuine. Ill look at the buying guide and go by my gut feeling when the cars fixed and i drive it!

Maxfly
25-03-12, 07:12 PM
Thanks. Do you rember if its the same company that has been trying to sell it since january? They say they got in in part ex one month ago. they seem genuine. Ill look at the buying guide and go by my gut feeling when the cars fixed and i drive it!

They are certainly using the same pictures as the for sale ad for this car months ago either that or it still has not been washed haha. Also am sure it is the same name for the seller:)

big_wasa
25-03-12, 07:19 PM
Again a car with that picture has been for sale forever. There is a thread some where on here that comments on the trader not even bothering to give it a wash before sale

MG6Turbo
25-03-12, 07:21 PM
Ive got a nice trophy yellow saloon coming tomoz for sale if you like yellow. and its in good nick too !

G

MR TWO
25-03-12, 07:25 PM
I did pop down there as its not too far, the car is dirty looks like it has not been moved in a wile. there is no presure in the clutch.

The guy in the show room said as one of the workers was driving it the clutch died. They only have one mechanic and he has alot of work on hence its taken a wile to be repaird.
he did say that hes going to start it next week and when its ready he guarantees it drives spot on but who knows

Steve mead
25-03-12, 07:27 PM
I think I would steer clear.

MR TWO
25-03-12, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the advice. im not normaly put off by no history in cheap cars. i bought my current one for around the same price and not a hint of paper work but its been ultra reliable. So if a car feels solid i think you can sometimes get a bargin where other people may be put off.

Im sure the zs 180 is a bargin at the prices there at and im sure ill end up getting one sooner or later:yes:

MR TWO
25-03-12, 07:44 PM
Again a car with that picture has been for sale forever. There is a thread some where on here that comments on the trader not even bothering to give it a wash before sale

if you could find that thread be interesting mate!

Nats Whiskas
25-03-12, 07:58 PM
Stay away from that car with a barge pole. They've been lying through their backside at you!!

heres the thread from NOVEMBER 2011:
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=19172 and just check out the ebay link :-\

If they have lied to you about how long they've had it what else are they lying about?

For the money you could get much a much nicer 180 than that heap!!

big_wasa
25-03-12, 08:13 PM
Anyone know why that thread was closed ?

petet16
25-03-12, 08:21 PM
Perhaps you should ask him if was a cat C write off when it was about a year old:yes:

Nobrainer
25-03-12, 09:52 PM
Liars. :-) I saw the ad when I was looking a while back. Much nicer cars around for only a little more. Imagine trying to sell a car you can't even be bothered to clean.

James Raby
25-03-12, 09:56 PM
Been up for ages, thought about it myself and doing a "bufy" job on it and some time but thought better of it

tinyszs
26-03-12, 12:21 PM
Been for sale for a while. I'd steer well clear as if u bump it it will be a nightmare to match paint. And surely if you were selling your car you'd at least put it through a car wash. I always think if they can't be bothered to wash it to sell it then there's probably not been much tlc mechanical either

ZS
26-03-12, 12:47 PM
A friend emailed this seller... He said clutch has now gone, but he needs the car gone... so would let it go for £600 (not the £250 my friend suggested...)

Still a bit high in my opinion... but may be worth someone offering him £500 for it ;)