PDA

View Full Version : quick vid of my zs being rolling roaded

rich180
27-11-07, 07:00 PM
quick video from thise weekends rolling road quality isnt great but sound makes up for it car made 193.1bhp@fly

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XCmHJnvF_zs

sduk
27-11-07, 08:41 PM
that is awesome, what it lacks in picture quality it certainly makes up for with the sound! I suppose you dont appreciate how loud it is when the car is moving.

193 is awesome, what mods you done to achieve that?

top work! :D

stripey
27-11-07, 08:44 PM
Sweet sounding Zed there Rich - hmmm... maybe mine isn't so noisy after all. What have you got on this one in terms of modifications? Also what does 193 on the fly mean on the road? And one final question - where do you find a rolling road to test on? Oh go on then, for a Brucie bonus - how much did it cost?

stripey
27-11-07, 08:46 PM
Sammy - you stole my thunder, thought I was going to get the first post in on this... clicked reply and you pop up, there must be something sly going on - piggy backing posts of other users - that's why you are the top poster innit. You better watch out or you will get a reputation...

stripey
27-11-07, 08:47 PM
:clown: Sorry Sammy - I mean further enhance your reputation...:whistle:

lewerty
27-11-07, 08:57 PM
sounds good what u done to it?

sduk
27-11-07, 09:07 PM
Sammy - you stole my thunder, thought I was going to get the first post in on this... clicked reply and you pop up, there must be something sly going on - piggy backing posts of other users - that's why you are the top poster innit. You better watch out or you will get a reputation...

lmao, nah no piggy backing im just faster than you :p

good to see you are getting stuck into the site mate, you should see if you can come to the Meet in York on December 2nd :D Im coming down.

stamford
27-11-07, 09:15 PM
Always sounds better than your own doesn't it! I don't know what mine is like from outside as I am the only one driving it :D

Good figure btw!

Leasky
27-11-07, 10:17 PM
lovely good result too

rich180
28-11-07, 08:22 AM
Sweet sounding Zed there Rich - hmmm... maybe mine isn't so noisy after all. What have you got on this one in terms of modifications? Also what does 193 on the fly mean on the road? And one final question - where do you find a rolling road to test on? Oh go on then, for a Brucie bonus - how much did it cost?

@fly figures is bassicly a estimation of what a cars power is before transmission losses, for instance the zs made 158bhp@ the wheels and they then calculate from that what the actual power at the fly is.

rolling roads are all over the place best to do a search on google for one in your area or atend a rolling road day with a club which is what i did with rovertech. cost was £25+£5 for a fueling check.

mods where just a very good servicedone this week involving oil change, brand new denso plugs fitted, throttle body removed and cleaned, inlet plenum removed and cleaned, brand new maxiflow cold air induction kit with intake located in the inner wing. tank of optimax with some injection cleaner, and a supper chip. oh and a exhuast that the back box actualy seperated from the rest of the system on the first run hence why she sounds so loud.

arwilson80
28-11-07, 08:47 AM
Sounds good. I don't like how they rev the car so much though... :(

stripey
28-11-07, 03:39 PM
lmao, nah no piggy backing im just faster than you :p

good to see you are getting stuck into the site mate, you should see if you can come to the Meet in York on December 2nd :D Im coming down.

Will be there - be nice to the noob though won't you...:baby:

stripey
28-11-07, 03:44 PM
@fly figures is bassicly a estimation of what a cars power is before transmission losses, for instance the zs made 158bhp@ the wheels and they then calculate from that what the actual power at the fly is.

rolling roads are all over the place best to do a search on google for one in your area or atend a rolling road day with a club which is what i did with rovertech. cost was £25+£5 for a fueling check.

mods where just a very good servicedone this week involving oil change, brand new denso plugs fitted, throttle body removed and cleaned, inlet plenum removed and cleaned, brand new maxiflow cold air induction kit with intake located in the inner wing. tank of optimax with some injection cleaner, and a supper chip. oh and a exhuast that the back box actualy seperated from the rest of the system on the first run hence why she sounds so loud.

Cheers for that - I have found a rolling road locally and am setting up a day for some time in January - see the England events... http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=2056 if you are interested.

Who did the service for you and how much did all of that set you back - or are you going to make me jealous and say that you did it all yourself like some kind of superhero :spidey: (just noticed the smiley so had to use it - bit of a fan).

Southern Storm
28-11-07, 04:24 PM
Sweet. Hmmmm gonna have to do some of the maintenance bits myself and bung a chip in it too. Been thinking about it for a while. Good result mate. :king:

rich180
28-11-07, 05:53 PM
Cheers for that - I have found a rolling road locally and am setting up a day for some time in January - see the England events... http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=2056 if you are interested.

Who did the service for you and how much did all of that set you back - or are you going to make me jealous and say that you did it all yourself like some kind of superhero :spidey: (just noticed the smiley so had to use it - bit of a fan).

serviced it myself but im no super hero lol.

stripey
29-11-07, 08:14 AM
serviced it myself but im no super hero lol.

Rich - the work I have done so far on mine is to replace the rear drivers side door window seal that sits against the B Pillar and remove a V6 sticker from when I bought it that I didn't like. I have assisted :thumbsup: in fixing a sunroof and cleaning out the inlet (with a spray) but no messing with the engine bits (yet).

Oh - I have filled it with V Power a few times :hooray: - does that count? Will get there soon on the fettling front... watch this space... I may attain super hero status yet... :super: