PDA

View Full Version : petrol leak

andy-81
03-04-12, 10:33 AM
well my car has sprung a leak, Upon every other f*****r panic buying all the petrol, i had no option but to jump on the band wagon and fill my tank as i went to pay for my extortionate fuel bill, the numpty behind the counter kindly pointed out and i quote "mate your car is pissing fuel all over the f*****g forecourt" i looked and sure enough the liquid gold that is bp ultimate is leaking, after giving the manager an earbashing over the attitude of said numpty i went to inspect the horror and dissapointment my car has just provided me it was coming from the bottom of the fuel neck so my car is now in my local spanner monkeys hands until this afternoon

stamford
03-04-12, 11:15 AM
Probably a perished top section.

andy-81
03-04-12, 12:35 PM
apparently its the rubber pipe between the metal part of the neck and the tank

peterzs
03-04-12, 01:18 PM
Least its not a rotted fuel tank.

Few years ago on a Maestro, it would stink of fuel after a fill up.

Took the metal filler pipe off, it was like lace, just rusted away, went to a scrappy and found a good one.

sxigav
03-04-12, 04:45 PM
Mine was the same 16 pound for pipe went to take it off and it was just a corroded clip that had split check that first

andy-81
03-04-12, 10:20 PM
has all been fixed now and you was right gav it was the clip so i got my local garage to put a stainless jubilee clip on it he said it would last longer and he only charged me 20 quid including clip