PDA

View Full Version : looking at selling, any ides what mines worth??

l18mnb
05-04-12, 02:20 PM
hey guys, looking at selling my yellow zs 180 saloon but not sure what its worth, any ideas?

its done 72,000, just had 4 new tyres 1mth ago, mot til dec 12, tinted windows all round, st steel exhaust, decat, private reg V 18O MG, pipercross filter moved down to innerwing,hid kit.

this car is my pride and joy but im looking at selling as i dont drive it as much as id like as being self employed i drive my van 5-6 days a week. i would much rather see it go to someone who is going to have alot more fun in it.

stamford
05-04-12, 02:35 PM
Has it had the belts done? What else has been done/replaced along the way? There's a big difference between what we think they should fetch and what they are going for. Hard to put a price on it as need bigger pics and more info tbh.

peterzs
05-04-12, 02:59 PM
Right colour, plus good number plate.

Dont know if you would get more selling the number plate on its own.

As Stamford says belts make a lot of difference on the price.

Think you would be better keeping it for the odd days when you can get out in it.

Best of luck anyway.

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

l18mnb
05-04-12, 04:31 PM
it had a new clutch when i bought it, then i noticed a bad rattling noise when driving, took it to engine rebuilder in my village to be told it had piston slap, probably due to the lad before me driving it like a *** from cold and not letting it warm up. he told me it would be a cost of around £2000 to strip and rebuild it.
i got hold of another 02 plate brg saloon with a cracked front bumper but very good sounding engine, so i stripped the engine from that, took it to my mates place of work in northampton to have the belts changed whilst out, then it took me a day to swap the engines over. the replacenet engine had done only 52,000 with my clocks reading 64,000 so in effect the engine has only covered 60,000 not the 72,000 the clocks read.

i have put all my effort into the car and keeping it clean & roadworthy, just not sure if i can go on fleabay prices for this type of car or not.

MG6Turbo
05-04-12, 05:44 PM
The way they are selling at the min, the answer is around a grand if you are lucky.

Colour is a plus as peeps say, but that isnt a factor that will get you more money, it just helps people want to buy it.

Belts being done a big plus, but proof of that would have to be shown.

Good luck with sale, hope you have no hassle selling it.

I would try pistonheads before ebay, as people going on there look for decent cars.

Ebay are for people who want cheap cheap !

G