PDA

View Full Version : 180 plugs are dead easy.... no seriously!!!!

Mr ZS180
06-04-12, 04:35 PM
The first time you go to do them it's a mission. Once you have done them once they are really easy and can be changed in less than an hour.

Well I just had to change some plugs on a Hyundai coupe v6 for a friend and what a mission that is!!

Front 3 are easier than the zs's but the back 3.....

You have to remove the throttle body, disconnect everything from the inlet manifold, remove the inlet manifold just to get to the plugs. There are blind bolts at the back to undoand not a lot of room. I would rather change the Z's plugs a hundred times than do that again!!!

on another note, it was an 03 plate and had a tonne more rust than my zs did and that was a 51plate. I miss my car :(

daytona365
06-04-12, 07:07 PM
Thats a piece of cake. Try changing the plugs on a Citroen GS. Damm thing was aircooled and so slanted back that the only was to change back two was from underneath.
So glad my bruv got rid. Then he bought a Rover 2600SE. Even worse. Straight six engine. The number 6 plug was under the bulkhead!!! You had to remove the wiper linkage to get that one out. Or you just never changed it lol. How times have changed.....................