PDA

View Full Version : MG ZS 120+ on eBay

Dav
07-04-12, 12:21 PM
It didn't sell last time, so I've relisted it, with a lower reserve.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270952058366?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

peterzs
07-04-12, 06:36 PM
Best of luck, hope it goes.

Dan1971
07-04-12, 06:50 PM
All the best mate - must admit the issue that you mention - and good on you for the honest write up - may put buyers off.

What research into it have you done or have I missed a thread on it ?

MG 53 ZED
08-04-12, 05:46 AM
Best of luck with that Dav hope it sells.

Dav
09-04-12, 07:42 AM
All the best mate - must admit the issue that you mention - and good on you for the honest write up - may put buyers off.

What research into it have you done or have I missed a thread on it ?

Thank you, I don't see the point in lying to potential buyers. And I know it is likely to put buyers off, but I needs to go lol

It all started after the HG change. I didn't skim the head after coz I thought I caught it before any damage was caused. Apparently not lol. I think that is what it is as there is steam from the exhaust, a water leak with no water on the floor and it doesn't want to rev. That is really the only thing I can think it is.

I've lowered the reserve this time, but if it doesn't sell this time, I'll probably have the head off and get it skimmed.

Dan1971
09-04-12, 07:47 AM
I know with diesels that don't rev, it's normally a MAF issue.

Not really sure though if petrol engines have a similar thing - some sort of sensor which regulates the fuel / air mix and may lead to a feeling of strangulation ???

Dav
09-04-12, 08:29 AM
I'm thinking a lack of compression, as there is water getting into the cylinder I think. Thing is, I've got no engine management lights on, so I can't even plug a computer in lol

MG6Turbo
09-04-12, 09:30 AM
If its a lack of compression it wont rev, plus ive seen the map sensors on the k series fail due to mayo contamination during and after hgf where the job hasnt been done properly as regards cleaning !!

This job had issues from the start if i remember correctly so it really needs to be started again in my opinion.

G

Dav
09-04-12, 09:59 AM
How much is a MAP sensor? That could very well be the problem. But like I said, I no longer have the time or money to sort it. It needs to go now :(