PDA

View Full Version : New Ride

ZS
07-04-12, 03:33 PM
My new Car :) :D:D

welshone
07-04-12, 03:47 PM
Very nice and looks very familiar, it didn't recently have a laguna splitter on it did it and the bonnet raised ????

stamford
07-04-12, 03:47 PM
Well done Sam! It's been some time since I see that one. Paint looks good.

ZS
07-04-12, 03:50 PM
Very nice and looks very familiar, it didn't recently have a laguna splitter on it did it and the bonnet raised ????

Not to my knowledge, its been laid up sitting on a drive unloved for the last 2 years or so ;)...

Interesting peice of information though, that front bumper is the front bumper from my last ZS180... before the MK2 conversion :)

It has a Rear Strut Brace in the boot... am unsure if I should leave it in place or remove it? :)

ZS
07-04-12, 03:53 PM
Well done Sam! It's been some time since I see that one. Paint looks good.

Thanks Mick, yes the paintwork is quite good... although the front splitter will need replacing at some point as its been smashed on the drivers side (you may be able to see it in the pitures)

oh and I certainly need to sort the wheels and ride hight out!!!

talkingcars
07-04-12, 03:55 PM
Good starting point - is it on coilovers?

ZS
07-04-12, 03:58 PM
Good starting point - is it on coilovers?

Yes... so low on the coilovers that it accounts for one of the MOT advisories...

Never had coilovers before so am not sure exactly how to set them up correctly... but I know I need to move some big nuts with a C spanner... lol

Dan1971
07-04-12, 04:09 PM
Nice one - Glad to be back in a ZS ?

grimmy
07-04-12, 04:10 PM
Looks decent after sitting so long.

ZS
07-04-12, 04:12 PM
its strange... only driven it 150 miles so far... and I was "at home" in it from the time I stepped into it :) and I thought I would miss the toys from the 75... but so far I have not :)

Taphouse
07-04-12, 04:19 PM
Good stuff! We have car twins!! They look almost identical. Are they pro race 2.1 on the front, do you have the rest of the set?

Smokey
07-04-12, 04:21 PM
rear strut donation for track car? :D:D:D

617sqn
07-04-12, 05:21 PM
Hi, I've had my ZS 180 since the 8th of March. Have to say I felt very comfortable in it from the off : it feels so "natural", if you get my drift ? I'm on the lookout for a set of naked straights to have re-furbished. Those on the car have a few kerbing marks and spoil the overall effect.

Andy G.

ZS
07-04-12, 05:46 PM
Good stuff! We have car twins!! They look almost identical. Are they pro race 2.1 on the front, do you have the rest of the set?

18" Pro Race 1.2 yes... and I have three in total (hence the straights on the back) Unsure if I should just go buy a 4th (4th apparently was stolen while previous owner went into the house to get a coffee while working on the car) or to replace the whole lot with some 17's...

rear strut donation for track car? :D:D:D

I am unsure if the strut brace fits a saloon? and also what effect it has on the car...

Hi, I've had my ZS 180 since the 8th of March. Have to say I felt very comfortable in it from the off : it feels so "natural", if you get my drift ? I'm on the lookout for a set of naked straights to have re-furbished. Those on the car have a few kerbing marks and spoil the overall effect.

Andy G.

That looks like my last 180 did when I first got her :) some pictures (before I fitted the brembo's and then subsequently sold it) - http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11588 - Damn I miss that car :) hopefully this one will go some way to helping me feel more at home in a car again :) - Its damn quick!

welshone
07-04-12, 06:21 PM
car twins!!

I thought it was yours from my first post :laugh:

peterzs
07-04-12, 06:26 PM
Thought the same, only knew that this one had sat for a couple of years.

Spooky or what.

Well done ZS, have fun.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Taphouse
07-04-12, 06:50 PM
18" Pro Race 1.2 yes... and I have three in total (hence the straights on the back) Unsure if I should just go buy a 4th (4th apparently was stolen while previous owner went into the house to get a coffee while working on the car) or to replace the whole lot with some 17's...

I would get the 4th they look great! I also wanted to try pro race's on mine, but never found them with the right offset.

I thought it was yours from my first post :laugh:

Me too! :bounce:

ZS
07-04-12, 06:57 PM
I would get the 4th they look great! I also wanted to try pro race's on mine, but never found them with the right offset.

If I do, I need to remove one of the tyres as for some reason Team Dynamics put all their wheel details inside the wheel... lol

Also as they are 18's.. untill I rasie the car I won't know if thats the reason for the tyres hitting the arches (although not enough to fail the MOT...)

mattie007
07-04-12, 07:02 PM
Love them in red with black wheels.
What happened to your old ZS?

ZS
07-04-12, 08:05 PM
Love them in red with black wheels.
What happened to your old ZS?

My old one? Was sold a few months ago... shame :)

Taphouse
07-04-12, 08:57 PM
If I do, I need to remove one of the tyres as for some reason Team Dynamics put all their wheel details inside the wheel... lol

Also as they are 18's.. untill I rasie the car I won't know if thats the reason for the tyres hitting the arches (although not enough to fail the MOT...)

I couldn't find a set of pro race in the right offset, as they would have sat to far out the arch for how low I've got mine. That could be part of the problem.

They do look good though. :smile1:

MG 53 ZED
08-04-12, 05:41 AM
:clap: Nice one Sam looking good in red with the black wheels, the paint work looks in good order.