PDA

View Full Version : a drive to remember

andy-81
10-04-12, 09:56 PM
Well i decided whilst i was on here that would have a stella or two and went to the fridge only to discover that i had run out (this isnt the worst part) i arrived at tesco to buy my beloved beverage and all was going well until i let my other half drive my second most favorite toy (the first being my wife) and all seemed to be going well until i started seeing a strange blue/grey cloud behind us.
Wondering what this was i told my wife to pull over so i could see what she had done, to my HORROR before i even stepped out of the car i got the distinctive aroma of clutch, after turning the air blue with some colourful language i told my wife to get into the passenger seat and to give me the keys and NEVER touch them again so i adjusted my seat went to start the car all good so far dipped the clutch went to select first gear CRUNCH, GRIND oh dear clutch fucked :rant: called a mate, got a tow, and new plans for tomorow, fit a new clutch:evilmad::slap:

stamford
10-04-12, 10:06 PM
Was it really her fault or just a coinsidence? Seems a bit harsh. Sure it is the clutch defo gone and not the hydraulics causing this?

Dav
11-04-12, 05:35 AM
Bad times... Although from the start of the story, it sounded like it was going to be a 'caught drink driving' story...

Nobrainer
11-04-12, 08:59 AM
Heres (http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/anger.html) the solution :-)

Dav
11-04-12, 09:01 AM
Heres (http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/anger.html) the solution :-)

Hahaha!!! That's brilliant!!! :)

ZS
11-04-12, 09:09 AM
Get a Sheddist Kit on it... Probably not the actual clutch thats gone :)

Happend to me when my OE slave died, I just drove home matching engine revs and changing gear without the clutch... easy if you do it right :)

andy-81
11-04-12, 02:48 PM
ha ha nobrainer that was a good one lol i have just come in from changing the clutch and it was definately her fault as the hydraulics were fine and the clutch looked relatively new even if she did run it down past the rivets, to my astonishment but now all is forgiven as i used her holiday money for a new clutch

talkingcars
11-04-12, 05:40 PM
So lets get this right, your wife drove the car how far slipping the clutch so badly it burnt out and she managed to do this without the car over reving because you would have noticed?

daytona365
11-04-12, 07:21 PM
Id blame the wife, for even daring to get in the drivers seat. Thats what broke the clutch!!

zsserbia
11-04-12, 10:42 PM
I thought women are bad luck just on the boat!

KirkJames
12-04-12, 09:22 AM
Don't know how you didn't notice her poor driving or riding the clutch/grinding etc (apologies if you are deaf) and pull over before this point and take over. A bit harsh to blame her. Glad to hear she hasn't moved out ;)

andy-81
12-04-12, 01:05 PM
in hind sight maybe was a bit harsh but i have offered to take her for a meal so all is good car is fixed

James Raby
14-04-12, 08:56 PM
in hind sight maybe was a bit harsh but i have offered to take her for a meal so all is good car is fixed

not hind sight, just plain rude?!

she should do this to you... :box:

ZS Phil
14-04-12, 10:32 PM
Sounds like she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time :(