PDA

View Full Version : scotland

DaMoZ-MG
13-04-12, 06:43 PM
well iv been up in scotland (edinburgh/peebles)for a week now and wow what a place been 15yrs since my last visit and cant w8 to come back agian. the roads are absolutly fab, though the city ist the best to navigate.
so to all you scots, hail scotish back roads lol :-D

Ritchy
13-04-12, 06:45 PM
get over the west side if you want some good roads:)(apart fron the potholes)

Dan1971
13-04-12, 06:47 PM
When I came up last year what got me was the amount of speed cameras there were compared to when I used to come home a few years ago. They're everywhere !

Great roads though .... :-D

DaMoZ-MG
13-04-12, 06:49 PM
lol, hopefully next trip, as its only 10hrs and about £70 in fuel which is good. i have discoverd one thing, you do love your speed humps, wowser theres alot of them.lol

Ritchy
13-04-12, 06:54 PM
depends where you are, as soon as you get north of glasgow into loch lomond you wont find a single speed bump and cant think of a speed camera north of glasgow as far as im aware although sneey police to sit about, far more speed cameras down south whenever ive been there

grimmy
13-04-12, 07:32 PM
Glad to see you are enjoying yourself up here and as ritchy says get up into the trossachs and the hills if you want some nice roads and scenery.

stamford
13-04-12, 08:34 PM
I'd love to take a trip up there in the zed and meet the folks on here. However I think I would need to change the seats back to standard and refit the carpets to enjoy the journey :whistle:

Ritchy
13-04-12, 08:40 PM
sure a scottish meet could be organised

stamford
13-04-12, 08:44 PM
A few years back I was booked up to attend a show with you guys but had to cancel it. The cost in fuel scares me more so these days, a case of what could I buy for the zed in-place of the fuel used?

Smokey
13-04-12, 08:54 PM
I can attest to the fuel cost lol, road trip last week was expensive!

DaMoZ-MG
15-04-12, 08:50 AM
it cost me a tank of fuel to get up there about £60.00, which i thought was ok. the A701 and 703 was awsome to drive, nice long sweeping bends. id meet up with you lot, it will have to be on my next trip, which might b l8er in the year.