PDA

View Full Version : Olli then and now

celtic_k8
19-04-12, 08:56 PM
I have just been looking through all the pics of Olli and didnt realise how much he's changed since I got him. So here a couple of pics of him on the day I picked him up and a couple of how he looks now.

July 2009;

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll57/celtic_k8/Olli/DSC00242.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll57/celtic_k8/Olli/DSC00235.jpg

April 2012;

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll57/celtic_k8/Olli/OlliT1-1.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll57/celtic_k8/Olli/OlliT4.jpg

Comments welcome :)

peterzs
19-04-12, 09:07 PM
Great work, engine install looks better than when it came out of the factory.

:wave::wave::wave:

andy-81
20-04-12, 12:33 AM
its really nice k8, didnt really like the zr much i thought they were a bit chavtastic but i really like yours, it has certainly swayed me a little, the engine looks nice ;)

Maxxed_Ross
20-04-12, 04:40 AM
just a little changed then

very nice!

talkingcars
20-04-12, 05:37 AM
Generally much nicer but I'm not sure about the bonnet and boot lifts, and how can you see where you are going?

stamford
20-04-12, 07:30 AM
Preferred the wheels from the first pic ;) Looks cracking though!

Jono-MG
20-04-12, 08:21 AM
Its a really good game of spot the subtle but well stlyed differences especially at the different angles.

Project complete and time to sit back and enjoy your achievements or you going to take the 5k and start on a 180 charge project? ;)

Captain Peanut
20-04-12, 08:33 AM
Looks great, just shows that subtle and classy is a great combination. I'm another one who hasn't alays been a fan of the ZR but this one I do like (plus it's got the same name as me!!)

DuckFeet
20-04-12, 09:45 AM
Preferred the wheels from the first pic ;) Looks cracking though!

+1 but I had a set myself. BK racing. ET38 offset great for looks and they were fairly light I thought.
Looks so much better lower, and gunmetal wheels ftw.

Enright
20-04-12, 09:53 AM
3 categories from me: 1) What’s gone well, 2) What I wouldn’t have done, and 3) What I’d do in future:

1) The paintwork now looks far better. The front indicator lenses, MG badges and wind deflectors are improvements too.
I prefer the alloys as well, although I can’t help but think that anthracite while on the move makes any car look as though they’ve lost their hubcaps!
A special mention in this section has to go to the bit many won’t have seen, which is the interior. Nicest I’ve ever seen in a ZR.
2) I’m not a fan of de-badging. Perhaps I would have lost the 160 badge and put a Turbo one there, but I’m not sure. Oh and things that hang from rear towing eyes bug me a bit too. Hardly anything earth-shattering!
3a) I’d recommend ABC or Trophy rear lights because they look like a tasteful optional extra (rather than a nasty bolt-on, like those LED things that you sometimes see around).
3b) Black vinyl on the B pillar to fill the gap between the front and rear windows looks pretty good too, and isn’t hard to do - it just adds continuity from front to rear.
3c) I can’t think of any wheels that look nicer on a ZR than ZS 11 spokes. I put my ZS wheels on my ZR to MoT it just before I sold it.
See the attached pics which show 3a, b & c, although I'm not suggesting for a moment that my old car was anywhere near as nice as yours. Also, it would be worth talking to Freedrider about his bonnet gas struts – they’re a nice touch.

Overall, a lovely ZR, and I’m glad you were parked with us last Saturday rather than the chavvy bunch up the hill!!! :D

celtic_k8
20-04-12, 10:41 AM
Its a really good game of spot the subtle but well stlyed differences especially at the different angles.

Project complete and time to sit back and enjoy your achievements or you going to take the 5k and start on a 180 charge project? ;)

I'm sitting back and enjoying my achievements I love my car way too much to let him go.

its really nice k8, didnt really like the zr much i thought they were a bit chavtastic but i really like yours, it has certainly swayed me a little, the engine looks nice ;)

There are very few ZR's out there that I like as many of them are owned by young lads who crash through halfords. But i'm glad Olli has swayed you ;)

Great work, engine install looks better than when it came out of the factory.

Thanks :D I just wanted a simple straight forward conversion and I am sooo pleased with it.

3 categories from me: 1) What’s gone well, 2) What I wouldn’t have done, and 3) What I’d do in future:

1) The paintwork now looks far better. The front indicator lenses, MG badges and wind deflectors are improvements too.
I prefer the alloys as well, although I can’t help but think that anthracite while on the move makes any car look as though they’ve lost their hubcaps!
A special mention in this section has to go to the bit many won’t have seen, which is the interior. Nicest I’ve ever seen in a ZR.
2) I’m not a fan of de-badging. Perhaps I would have lost the 160 badge and put a Turbo one there, but I’m not sure. Oh and things that hang from rear towing eyes bug me a bit too. Hardly anything earth-shattering!
3a) I’d recommend ABC or Trophy rear lights because they look like a tasteful optional extra (rather than a nasty bolt-on, like those LED things that you sometimes see around).
3b) Black vinyl on the B pillar to fill the gap between the front and rear windows looks pretty good too, and isn’t hard to do - it just adds continuity from front to rear.
3c) I can’t think of any wheels that look nicer on a ZR than ZS 11 spokes. I put my ZS wheels on my ZR to MoT it just before I sold it.
See the attached pics which show 3a, b & c, although I'm not suggesting for a moment that my old car was anywhere near as nice as yours. Also, it would be worth talking to Freedrider about his bonnet gas struts – they’re a nice touch.

Overall, a lovely ZR, and I’m glad you were parked with us last Saturday rather than the chavvy bunch up the hill!!! :D

The debadging happened by accident I was washing the car and the 'R' came off and the '160' was hanging off so I thought best to remove them. The orange shoe was an old air freshener and rather than a smurf I put it on as a **** take. I was very happy to be showing with you lot than the 'chavvy bunch' :D

The said interior

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll57/celtic_k8/Olli/untitled2.jpg

I used to have red ABC's on but I prefer the Rover 25 lights tbh
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll57/celtic_k8/Olli/DSC00647.jpg

Thankyou everyone for your comments :D

peterzs
20-04-12, 10:45 AM
Thanks for joining in with us lot!!!!

Jono-MG
20-04-12, 02:45 PM
Second pic in the above post looks like your satnav stopped working again or were you trying your hand at off-roading? :p

celtic_k8
20-04-12, 03:24 PM
My sat nav thought off roading would be fun ;)