PDA

View Full Version : Leather seats

Steve mead
22-04-12, 11:11 PM
As my 180 has the full leather interior I want to get the marks out of the seats. Not many there but a few wear marks and scratches. Anybody know a good way off restoring them. Have been told shoe polish works.

Ritchy
22-04-12, 11:13 PM
speak to stevecleanz:) i guess with shoe polish its getting the right colour match

Lukeus101
22-04-12, 11:16 PM
I tried using a small amount of leather dye (using like a touch up paint) and using shoe polish to bring a mates interior up to scratch. He seemed dead chuffed :)

Steves Cleenz
23-04-12, 08:07 AM
i can get hold of a full repair/dye kit if your interested? but will need a pic of the damage to see how bad it is so you get the right kit

caled
23-04-12, 09:25 AM
Considering how much they'd cost to replace if you messed them up, Id just get a professional to sort it.

andy-81
23-04-12, 04:26 PM
i did this to the interior of my rs2000 following the advise of a proffesional car trimmer it worked a treat he told me to get some leather cleaner to clean and prep the seat first then apply leather dye like luke said once rubbed in and left 30 minutes to set in, once this process is complete re-clean the seat using the cleaner and then get a good conditioner( ie auto glymm or meguiars i was told was the best) and use this a couple of times i was well impressed with the results you just need to get the closest match in colour you can and if you have two different colours on your seats try to avoid contaminating the other colour with the one you are using, apparently is a b*tch to get it off, as mine was all black i didnt have that trouble