http://www.mgr-service.com/gallery_tf2.jpg

And an SV-R
http://www.mgr-service.com/gallery_svr2.jpg

Craig
13-07-07, 06:54 PM
all i can say is wow!

cjsale
13-07-07, 07:27 PM
Nice Cars, isn't that the bonnet that was made to clear a supercharger, the colour looks very much like typhoon...

stamford
13-07-07, 09:45 PM
I always dribble when I see his cars!.............oops there it goes again! :whistle:

Boot Hill Bandit
13-07-07, 10:28 PM
I think the 'Bittersweet' TF is for sale...........open to sensible offers anyway.

Jim

sduk
13-07-07, 11:10 PM
my god! you defo win the award for the sites nicest car(s)! :D

whats the SV like? typhoon is awesome, is that a custom bonnet?

Maxxed_Ross
13-07-07, 11:29 PM
that zs is my all time fav, I just love the bump!

Boot Hill Bandit
14-07-07, 06:59 AM
The bonnet bulge is for the Supercharger which is believed to have been developed by S 'n' R in readiness for a ZS X model.

Of course...........it will be on display at the garage today for the 'Open Day' all of which will be outside including the SV Ralph has as well as Andy's ZTT in Aurora and his 25 GSi and Express van.

Worth a pop down and look..............I'm not 100% sure but it is possible that Ralph may give a demonstration of the SV running..........the sound is fantastic I tell ya! :bow:

Right.............I had better get my arse down there before I am too late :joker:

Jim

mg-zs
14-07-07, 10:06 AM
Very nice colours your cars have :punk:

Robstar
14-07-07, 11:35 AM
Love ure SVR its just fab!! Ever wanna sell it let me know. HEHEHE

You have a nice collection of cars i must say.

arwilson80
14-07-07, 10:14 PM
Love the ZS and the SV. Is there a supercharger under the bump? ;)

Boot Hill Bandit
15-07-07, 07:17 AM
Under the ZS bonnet??? No there isn't.........Ralph does have a supercharged engine to put in a 'donor' zs 180.. his engine has what I think was a Eaton SC fitted to it.........only problem though is that fitting it into the 'Typhoon' ZS would mean losing the air con which isn't very practical plus if it went on track there is a chance the paintwork will get a fair hammering.

Ideally Ralph could have done with another 'Typhoon' ZS which would have been a fantastic supercharged car. Hopefully it will all be sorted soon anyway. When he gets his donor vehicle I will sure as damn it want to help :clap:

Jim

chris25
15-07-07, 10:09 AM
I've actually just gone green with envy! Lovely cars, the Sv and zs are just...stunning

MGZS55
15-07-07, 10:24 AM
Stunning cars...any chance of some vids or pics from this weekend's feature? One of the SVR running would be sweet!

RalphG
15-07-07, 10:41 AM
I drove the SV-R around to the paddock, where we parked the cars and held the POO competition. Not sure if anyone took any photos or vids of it on the move.

The Twilight ZS180 does not have a supercharger fitted, but it seems to have been designed for the Sprintex supercharger. I've had conflicting stories told to me regarding the history of this car. Some say it was developed by Janspeed for MGR and had a supercharged engine fitted, which was destroyed. Another says that the engine that is in the car was being prepared to take a supercharger, which was not going to be the Sprintex.

As Jim says, I have got a supercharged KV6 which I'm looking to fit into a donor car. Anyone know of a very cheap ZS180 that I can fit this into? When things start moving on this project I'll start a blog type thread to let you know of the progress.

lukiep160
15-07-07, 10:52 AM
Fantastic looking cars you have there, if you ever want to sell the ZS give me a shout with the price

Boot Hill Bandit
15-07-07, 02:47 PM
Blimey Ralph! Maybe you should get the paintshop to duplicate your car a few times! Seems quite a few would like your car! No doubt about it.....aesthetically speaking your car makes the ZS look so damn good!

Do you know Ralphs Bittersweet TF is up for offers Luke?? :unsure: can't remember if I have mentioned this on here before :unsure:

Jim

lukiep160
15-07-07, 04:21 PM
Would love ralphs tf but its just not practical enough for me

TurboZed
15-07-07, 05:01 PM
Lovley looking cars mate! Just out of interest, does anybody know if a ZS was painted in bittersweet? Sofar I've seen Typhoon, Twilight and Spectra (awsome colour in the flesh!)
and lastly......what was the poo competition?:w00t:
Jim

Boot Hill Bandit
15-07-07, 05:16 PM
Lovley looking cars mate! Just out of interest, does anybody know if a ZS was painted in bittersweet? Sofar I've seen Typhoon, Twilight and Spectra (awsome colour in the flesh!)
and lastly......what was the poo competition?:w00t:
Jim

I don't think so...........I am sure Ralph and I have talked about monogram colours and 'one offs' before.

Although we did have a bittersweet ZT 260 in attendance which looked stunning.

Results of POO competition are

Group A was won by a red MG Midget

Group B no one entered

Group C was won by a Rover 200 BRM

Group D was won by a Bittersweet ZT 260

Result of the Quiz

Only one person got all 10 questions correct and that was a Mr and Mrs Wilson

Hows that for a good memory!

Jim

stamford
17-07-07, 12:41 PM
I was standing on EMS's forecourt chatting to the guy who owned the bittersweet ZT260 and was looking over Ralph's bittersweet TF thinking how striking it looked when I heard a female voice say 'how pretty' needless to say that broke my chain of thought and I immediately thought, no! :huh:

Isn't it funny how a few wrong words can destroy any thoughts you had!

(it was not the wife I might add!)

Boot Hill Bandit
17-07-07, 05:10 PM
She must have spotted me then to say that :joker:

Got to love that colour...........its bright and cheerfull and certainly makes me smile. Downside is........I don't fit in the TF and I don't have that sort of money..........if I could fit in it and I did have that sort of money I would buy it though........bit of a bargain in my opinion. Give it a while and it will probably be the only tidy example left as I believe another owner takes it on track days and motorway bashing :slap:

Jim

stamford
17-07-07, 06:52 PM
I'm still not sure on the F/TF yet, enjoy tin tops too much at present, maybe when I am older and slower I might be tempted!

As for her spotting you..........'pretty thing'...........whatever! :no:

Boot Hill Bandit
17-07-07, 07:26 PM
As for her spotting you..........'pretty thing'...........whatever! :no:

:cry::weep:

stamford
17-07-07, 09:15 PM
:cry::weep:

HaHaHaHa, kick a man when he's down!

Mephiston_2k
17-07-07, 09:59 PM
I want that bonnet on the ZS! Anyone ever had a copy made?

Boot Hill Bandit
18-07-07, 05:33 PM
Ralph and I are working on that..........it won't be an 'exact' copy but a general take on what it is.

If Ralph is still happy to proceed it will have the vent at the front (not the back as Ralphs is for extraction) and I aim to make it a shade taller overall (I am thinking induction) to allow for it to actually have a use rather than just being aesthetic.

If you are interested PM Ralph or myself and I will inform people when/if we have one ready and the prices which we do not know yet. IF these do become available they will only be available through EMS since it is Ralph who will make it possible.

Jim

Boot Hill Bandit
18-07-07, 05:35 PM
HaHaHaHa, kick a man when he's down!

I did actually have a bad day yesterday but hey ho thats life :boxing:

Jim

Mephiston_2k
18-07-07, 05:40 PM
Shall be interested to see a pic when you have yours done. Altho the vent at the rear does look good!

Boot Hill Bandit
18-07-07, 05:48 PM
Well I have no intention of making Ralphs cars features 'common' so alterations to Ralphs bulge will need to be made........and although not drastic enough to ensure people can't get a perfect copy of Ralphs unique one.

Bear in mind that my car is Solar Red so it won't look no where near as good as a car with metallic or pearlescent paint or monogram for that matter.

I would definately have my bonnet done though if only to give an example to prospective purchasers :thumbsup:

Jim

stamford
18-07-07, 09:40 PM
Well I have no intention of making Ralphs cars features 'common' so alterations to Ralphs bulge will need to be made........and although not drastic enough to ensure people can't get a perfect copy of Ralphs unique one.

Jim

Jimbo, if I didn't know you or Ralph any better, I would be worried about the topic of conversation here! :laugh:

Ladeez Jim's your man for any custom work and moulds taken for a small fee! Available in 3 sizes, L, XL and XXL! :blink:..............okay small then!

Boot Hill Bandit
18-07-07, 10:50 PM
Jimbo, if I didn't know you or Ralph any better, I would be worried about the topic of conversation here! :laugh:

Ladeez Jim's your man for any custom work and moulds taken for a small fee! Available in 3 sizes, L, XL and XXL! :blink:..............okay small then!

hmmm I seem to have been cornered yet again!

Jim

stamford
19-07-07, 12:48 PM
hmmm I seem to have been cornered yet again!

Jim

It's your innocence that does it!;)

Z Scotland
19-07-07, 07:50 PM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN JIM SOLAR RED WON'T LOOK GOOD ITS THE BEST COLOUR :guns:

Im disappointed in you :jump:

Boot Hill Bandit
19-07-07, 08:09 PM
:chop: this is very true!!!!!!!!! :oops:

Again I have been cornered :sad:

I reckon a bonnet bulge and my bonnet resprayed in Solar Red would look mint..... :mml: but......a car like Ralphs or Steves in monogram paint looks awesome.

I cannot wait to get this little project underway and get mine fitted I reckon it will look the dogs danglies and better still..........it could be very practical for my induction idea........ :mml:

I see Ralph today and we had a look at his 'set up' and to be honest I reckon there is a bloody good chance the bulge and induction idea can work. No more wheelarch worries and no worry about gulping in water......

As Del Boy would say 'This time next year Roderz we could be millionaires! :happy2: '

or perhaps not :laugh:

Jim

Z Scotland
19-07-07, 09:28 PM
No prob's Jim :beer2: i no were your coming from:smile2:

h04x
20-07-07, 11:42 AM
Thats Some collection of cars mate,