PDA

View Full Version : Not the best of days

Captain Peanut
27-04-12, 06:53 PM
Managed to bunk the afternoon off so decided to take the car down to RSR in Redhill to try and get the tail pipe straightened.

The guys were really helpful and got the car straight up on a ramp but from there on it went a bit downhill. Basically I found out that the back box, which they have stated isn't Powerflow as originally thought, is more bent than Louie Spence.

Not only is the tail pipe bent but there is a crease where the pipe meets the other side of the back box. On top of that there is a big kink in the pipe as it goes over the trailing arm causing the pipe to rub and pulling the mid-section into the floor:

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k551/oliverivorybray/f1e944cd.jpg

Don't really have the money for RSR to build a new back box (£150) and there don't seem to be any going on eBay so I think it's time for plan b, which is to forget mods, put the car back to standard and concentrate on restoring the bodywork to it's former glory.

Really quite annoyed, mainly at myself for not spotting it before handing over money, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes.

Dan1971
27-04-12, 07:13 PM
Feel partly responsible .....

Gutted really .....

It is a powerflow though mate as per Haggards post - I'm sure Andy had the receipt with it too ....

Post 16 - http://themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17713&page=2

" I had a stainless steel powerflow exhaust fitted earlier in the year as the standard one was blowing. It looks great and sounds really good, its not loud either. This exhaust also has a lifetime warranty."

ZS
27-04-12, 07:15 PM

Gutted really .....

It is a powerflow though mate as per Haggards post - I'm sure Andy had the receipt with it too ....

Post 16 - http://themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17713&page=2

" I had a stainless steel powerflow exhaust fitted earlier in the year as the standard one was blowing. It looks great and sounds really good, its not loud either. This exhaust also has a lifetime warranty."

Has Andy still got the receipt? if so maybe powerflow would honour the warranty still? Just a thought...

Dan1971
27-04-12, 07:17 PM
Doubt it to be honest - the car's gone bar a few bits n bobs like doors starter motor etc - so I imagine the paperworks gone too ......

Captain Peanut
27-04-12, 07:18 PM
I have been sent the receipt and it is just for the mid section and decat, no mention of the back box :(

Captain Peanut
27-04-12, 07:28 PM

Gutted really .....

I knew the history so understood what had happened. Was told that it was straight but, as I've already said, am more annoyed at myself for not double checking everything.

Hopefully I can find someone to buy the mid section and will chalk the rest up to experience. Have managed to sell the decat so a decent price for the mid should mean I'm not too out of pocket.

In sainsburys so going to console myself with some beer and a copy of Forza 4!

talkingcars
27-04-12, 09:31 PM
The guarantee is for the lifetime of the car in your ownership subject to an annual inspection.

lawrence-zs180
27-04-12, 09:37 PM
I have a spare saloon tuned back box you can have do free if you want to collect from rh20.. Won't fit my hatch I'm getting.

Captain Peanut
27-04-12, 09:47 PM
Cheers for the offer but I've got a hatch too!

lawrence-zs180
27-04-12, 09:49 PM
Haha ******

mattie007
27-04-12, 10:02 PM
My mates after a backbox for his ZS. What make is it mate?

lawrence-zs180
27-04-12, 10:31 PM
Its from a company called gt3exhausts it was to long for a hatch by 4" so its gotta be for a saloon your mate can have it if he wants.. I think if it falls on my dad again he is gonna beat me with it haha

mattie007
27-04-12, 11:25 PM
Ok, will let you know tomorrow.