PDA

View Full Version : Well, picked up car and had a smash!!

James Raby
28-04-12, 04:06 PM
Just my luck really!!!

Coming into Birchanger (service station @ Stansted) oil and fuel on road, car went sideways completely and headed towards concrete, managed to turn it so it went front in!!!

(strong point and only paint)

Got away with needing just paint!!! mind you means I can now paint front AND rear bumpers to tidy up

I really didn't need it as the front bumper didn't have a mark on it!

Still, for a car that's got a knackered inlet plenum (sounds fun) and a std exhaust system - it pulls like a god-damn train on stereroids!!!

Can't wait for the sports cat and powerflow system to be fitted!!!! Happy Days!!

btw, knackered inlet - will this lose power - it didnt feel down on it

stamford
28-04-12, 04:09 PM
Sounds like a lucky escape! Knackered plenum will be down on power but still perfectly driveable.

daytona365
28-04-12, 04:10 PM
The inlet manifold doesnt lose too much power, just the nosie of the rattle is annoying. I was up that way this morning, lucky I didnt bump into you (literally).

James Raby
28-04-12, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a lucky escape! Knackered plenum will be down on power but still perfectly driveable.

I must admit, I did throw my dummy out of the pram and want to burn the car!!!!

I have another plenum to fit already (2000 miles from new) will have a go at that tomorrow as the wind is horendous!! The North Sea looks like something we had a few years ago when it came over Walcott wall and flooded all the business' down here!!

Wheels gonna be changed as loss of traction could be down to tyre selection??? Doing that in a mo, but its freezing

Quadcam24
28-04-12, 04:26 PM
depending on how exactly the plenum is knackered you can be down a lot of power and not necessarily top end.

sneekyparrot
28-04-12, 04:41 PM
FFS James , so long as your on the road no one else needs to worry as all the ***** luck seems to follow you lol.

Soz m8 and I know it must feel like kak, been there myself when I threw my brand new 100m gsxr down the road :-/

If you wanted power you should of
Bought my charged motor off me cause if u think a stock 180 is quick then try one with another 60hp!

Maybe cheaper to try and get replacement already painted bumpers??

Cheers
P.

Stev180
28-04-12, 05:30 PM
Just read this ignore the PM! If your car is ok thats the main thing! Cant wait to see this car!

James Raby
28-04-12, 05:44 PM
FFS James , so long as your on the road no one else needs to worry as all the ***** luck seems to follow you lol.

Soz m8 and I know it must feel like kak, been there myself when I threw my brand new 100m gsxr down the road :-/

If you wanted power you should of
Bought my charged motor off me cause if u think a stock 180 is quick then try one with another 60hp!

Maybe cheaper to try and get replacement already painted bumpers??

Cheers
P.

Dad works for inchcape as regional manager so he asking the body shop what the score is on Monday!!!

Indeed crappy weather! Just changed wheels and one of the wheels that came off was missing its spigot ring!!!!

James Raby
28-04-12, 05:52 PM
sorry about quality, lashing it down outside!
Superturismo GT's going on this week, just these have better tyres!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/JamesRaby/stuff003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/JamesRaby/stuff004.jpg

big_wasa
28-04-12, 06:41 PM
Still looks a nice motor mate ........

Steves Cleenz
28-04-12, 06:43 PM
i will send you the link for the cheap paint when im back home :D

James Raby
28-04-12, 07:58 PM
Paint is as flat as a witches *** right now, so if the weather does hold off tomorrow, just going to do a small section to see what it's like under the (matte effect) is has right now!

Inlet plenum is ready to go, doesn't take long so may do that tomorrow too!

James Raby
28-04-12, 07:59 PM
i will send you the link for the cheap paint when im back home :D

you're a diamond geeza Steve!!!
Can't wait to see you in May! Gonna be a kid with new toys I tell ya!!!!!

Stev180
28-04-12, 08:33 PM
Awesome!! When can I see it! Whats happening with your blue one?

James Raby
28-04-12, 08:37 PM
Awesome!! When can I see it! Whats happening with your blue one?

Probably going to use some bits I need for this one - not detracting from its personality though and then sell it, its a bloody good car tbh!

The stereo system needs to be removed which may take some time removing the wiring!!!! and replaced with a working system with std front speakers

If you want I'm about tomorrow and will be doing stuff (if it doesn't keep raining hard like it is now anyway)

Let me know if you feel like getting wet and oily!!

Steves Cleenz
28-04-12, 10:10 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-Rover-Monogram-Chromatic-Aerosol-Spray-Paint-Typhoon-/330604525474?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item4cf990b7a2#ht_1102wt_927

thats the bloke, contact him for bigger sizes, last time i enquired it was £125 a litre which is the cheapest

James Raby
28-04-12, 10:18 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-Rover-Monogram-Chromatic-Aerosol-Spray-Paint-Typhoon-/330604525474?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item4cf990b7a2#ht_1102wt_927

thats the bloke, contact him for bigger sizes, last time i enquired it was £125 a litre which is the cheapest

Thanks Steve, my dad is enquiring Monday as said works for Inchcape so might be able to do something at cost for me which would be good - he did make me aware it's only as good as the sprayer and how much time they're willing to put into it

KirkJames
29-04-12, 09:08 AM
Looks like a very nice car James, love the colour!! I am at work this weekend but if you do need any help sometime just drop me a text (PM'd) and I will come and give you a hand if I am not working.

James Raby
30-04-12, 08:30 PM
Gave it a clean today (stupid bucket of water job!!)
Did use an over generous amount of Mequiars wash stuff though LOL

Came up very nice actually, shame I can't get into the bots I want to and underneath needs a damn good scrub and wash!

Might get the guys @ Local washers to power wash the **** outta it!!

big_wasa
30-04-12, 08:51 PM
Just watch the laquor on the plastics with pressure washing :slap:

James Raby
30-04-12, 09:11 PM
Always used a pressure washer, do use less power on plastic though but both bumpers need doing now (doh)

I don't seem to have anything surrounding fuel filler pipes though.... Is this project "dive"

big_wasa
30-04-12, 09:21 PM
The one at work heats aswell and ive over done it in a few places.

I had a close shave last night, I dont think she wants to leave me lol.

I came around a corner that I do every day. diesel and water on the road and me going a little quick on some old crap tyres and I spun it.

Stoped 2" short of a fence post, lucky no one elts about..

James Raby
30-04-12, 09:46 PM
The one at work heats aswell and ive over done it in a few places.

I had a close shave last night, I dont think she wants to leave me lol.

I came around a corner that I do every day. diesel and water on the road and me going a little quick on some old crap tyres and I spun it.

Stoped 2" short of a fence post, lucky no one elts about..

At least you didn't scrape the concrete!! If anyone goes to birchanger services, as soon as you come in just look left, should be some nice typhoon Paint there :(