PDA

View Full Version : bye bye ZS

daddydobbo
16-05-12, 05:59 PM
Well today I said bye bye to the ZS and said hello to the rover 75 :)

peterzs
16-05-12, 07:56 PM
Are great looking motors, have to let us know how you get on with it.

:wizard::wizard::wizard:

James Raby
16-05-12, 09:19 PM
Steve's "daddy" I will be having some parts off your ZS I understand??

Rover 75 is more of an "old man's" car anyway - i run and hide now......:super:

That's actually a really clean and tidy looking motor, did you go for the KV6 again or the smaller 1.8?

Ritchy
16-05-12, 09:21 PM
looks a tidy enough car, whats the spec list?

ZS
16-05-12, 09:31 PM
Bye bye to you too... whoever you are ;) lol

Seriously though... been there, done that, came to my senses and back in a ZS now!!

Tis a tidy looking 75 though...

Steves Cleenz
16-05-12, 09:32 PM
Tell you what, it's a very high spec car! Driver/ passenger climate control, everything is electric, it's a very tidy car TBH, suits my dad well the old man, he is getting a flat cap and tartan rug for fathers day lol

Ritchy
16-05-12, 09:37 PM
nice driving, just suffer underneath, so id maybe get under there steve and get some rust treatment done, and keep the rear spring clean to try stop the corrosion on them:) and obviosly the plenum, make sure the drains have the v cuts in them to help stop them blocking up, id make sure the fan is working too:)

Steves Cleenz
16-05-12, 09:40 PM
Told him to join the biddy forum oh I mean the ZT/75 forum and have a look at the to do's

Ritchy
16-05-12, 09:46 PM
seem to mainly see:
rear brake pipes corroding
rear springs breaking
plenum filling with water soaking ecu
backbox bracket rusting through and breaking(nla but aftermarket exhaus comes as part of the backbox)
rear abs sensors
cooling fan not working(need the kenlowe cooling fan kit)
fuel sender working itself loose and not pumping fuel,
handbrake not holding due to lack of adjustment or holdown kit rusted through and shoes sitting loose

Steves Cleenz
16-05-12, 09:52 PM
That will give him something to do lol

Ritchy
16-05-12, 10:02 PM
probably not as bad down your way, just the amount of roadsalt that goes down up here in the winter

andy-81
16-05-12, 10:13 PM
nice car mate looks tidy are you gonna go for the pipe, slippers and tartan blanket as well? If you wanna go balls out i could get you a bespoke rocking chair as well

Just kidding mate don't cry into your ovaltine, No seriously its a nice car well done on the purchase of the 75 i hope you enjoy it from what ive been told they are really comfy according to a mate whos got one "its like driving a comfy arm chair

stamford
17-05-12, 07:26 AM
Does it have a pipe lighter and stand?

daddydobbo
17-05-12, 03:01 PM
mid life crisis number 1 mg ZS 180 gone and over with mid life crisis number 2 comes next week in the form of a Harley Davidson lol

MG6Turbo
17-05-12, 03:19 PM
Glad your happy with your new car. I seem to find them lately..

Your old zs is about to go to car heaven..

G

James Raby
17-05-12, 09:21 PM
Glad your happy with your new car. I seem to find them lately..

Your old zs is about to go to car heaven..

G

Some bits are living on... I will "try" and get the new owner of 'adopted' parts to join the forum

Alan.F
17-05-12, 09:24 PM
Tell you what, it's a very high spec car! Driver/ passenger climate control, everything is electric, it's a very tidy car TBH, suits my dad well the old man, he is getting a flat cap and tartan rug for fathers day lol

do you want that tartan rug back you gave me steve lol

Steves Cleenz
18-05-12, 08:02 AM
do you want that tartan rug back you gave me steve lol

ask my Dad lol

Jay-ZS+
18-05-12, 09:32 AM
seem to mainly see:
....rear springs breaking...

Bet thats not a nice experience when they go! Wonder who designed those! :slap:

Ritchy
18-05-12, 11:48 AM
Its fine just drop a bit but still stay within the arm, can usually tell because they look lowered haha, its the fiesta thats bad when it drops, because its a pigtail spring it jumps off the strut and sometimes through the tyre, although the 75 is also a pigtail it can't go anywhere