PDA

View Full Version : rattling noise

dazzasmgzs
26-05-12, 08:15 PM
hey all. got a funny noise when the cars running, it would seem like it comes from under the wheel arch on the passengers side sort of makes it sound like a diesel wandered if anyone had got any ideas/advice?

stamford
26-05-12, 08:23 PM
KV6? Sounds like the purge valve, normal stuff if it quietens after a while.

dazzasmgzs
26-05-12, 08:28 PM
i was quite concerned because someone said it stopped when i put the clutch down and it could have been a flywheel.

stamford
26-05-12, 09:09 PM
If you have a constant rumbling noise when the engine is running and when in neutral but goes away when the clutch pedal is depressed then that normally points to a worn clutch release bearing not flywheel (unless you really want a lightened one and the O/H needs to know it is worn out ;))

Fred68
27-05-12, 09:02 AM
Or worn gearbox input or lay shaft bearing!! If it's the clutch bearing? On replacement make sure to use Moly (CV joint) grease on the slider and release fork tips. I take out the whole release shaft and give it a good clean and lube with more Moly to give the clutch every chance of being silky smooth for years to come!!

dazzasmgzs
27-05-12, 11:06 AM
great thats all i need :(

welshone
27-05-12, 01:04 PM
If you have a constant rumbling noise when the engine is running and when in neutral but goes away when the clutch pedal is depressed then that normally points to a worn clutch release bearing not flywheel (unless you really want a lightened one and the O/H needs to know it is worn out ;))

I have a noise when I press the clutch down, always thought it was the clutch bearing slowly going on me???

daytona365
27-05-12, 02:24 PM
I have a noise when I press the clutch down, always thought it was the clutch bearing slowly going on me???

With me, its just my dodgy kneecap !!:yikes:

Fred68
27-05-12, 05:07 PM
Imho It's likely to be the box as a failed clutch bearing gets noisy as the pedal is pressed! a box bearing normaly does the reverse!! But hay it's a car and they just love to confuse us!!

dazzasmgzs
27-05-12, 07:37 PM
well if nothing else im confused now. lol.