PDA

View Full Version : Trading In?

Maxfly
03-12-07, 11:04 AM
Right this may seem mad, after stevie180 was looking for a straight sway with my zr120 for his zs 180 but i really have my heart set on a facelift motor! So looking for a bit of advice really, where would be the best place to trade the zr in?? how did maxxed ross do his?? there is no where near here that has a mk2 zs in stock so it would really be a sell the garage my car not buying one though! got an offer of £2,880 from one online buyer(like jamjar stylee). or has anyone got any better ideas?

arwilson80
03-12-07, 11:16 AM
The likes of JamJam will undervalue your car i'd say as they don't come to see it (as far as i'm aware). Your best money will be from a private sale TBH. Failing that you could try pistonheads. Some cars appear to have made more than their value on their...

Maxfly
03-12-07, 11:20 AM
The likes of JamJam will undervalue your car i'd say as they don't come to see it (as far as i'm aware). Your best money will be from a private sale TBH. Failing that you could try pistonheads. Some cars appear to have made more than their value on their...

aye jam jar were a good bit lower than even that other offer, one cheeky lot even offered just 2k!!! she is on everywhere, including PH, but reckon it is really wrong time of year to be selling privately!!

arwilson80
03-12-07, 11:23 AM
Yeah. Definately the wrong time of year.

Maxxed_Ross
03-12-07, 11:26 AM
I saw the ZS I wanted on autotrader and since it was a garage I asked about trading in my ZR. A few emails and lots of pictures later we had a gentleman's agreement on the price

I got what I wanted out of the deal and paid a reasonable price for the ZS

Best bit is the ZR is still on autotrader months later... now for almost what I got for it!

Southern Storm
03-12-07, 12:30 PM
Must be a face;ift? Hmmmmm us Mk1 owners feel all dejected.

stamford
03-12-07, 12:30 PM
You'd be better off waiting until the new year once everything has died down and start again. You might be lucky and find someone who is after one, but has their money at hand for booking their holiday with the girlfriend ;) or soon to be ex :laugh:

arwilson80
03-12-07, 01:14 PM
You might be lucky and find someone who is after one, but has their money at hand for booking their holiday with the girlfriend ;) or soon to be ex :laugh:

I think there is a subtle hint here somewhere... :)

Maxfly
03-12-07, 03:39 PM
I think there is a subtle hint here somewhere... :)

sorry to all mk1 owners, no offense just prefer the mk2!! hints hints hints lol, going down to see the 180 in dundee tomorrow and unless someone comes forward quick i am just going to trade it in if the zs meets my expectations:bandana:

Craig
03-12-07, 03:49 PM
sorry to all mk1 owners

None taken mate, i would much rather have a mk2 myself. Might upgrade next year. Good luck, hope you get a good one mate

Maxfly
03-12-07, 03:54 PM
None taken mate, i would much rather have a mk2 myself. Might upgrade next year. Good luck, hope you get a good one mate

cheers fella, hope its just right cos i will bite the feckers hand off for it, though not once i at least lighten the price of it a tad and mayb improve the trade offer of £2500 for the zr, though looking at the guides that seems fair, but you dont ask you dont get:)