PDA

View Full Version : good deal or not?

mhamps
28-05-12, 07:54 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stunning-MG-ZS-2003-1-8-120-Gorgeous-trophy-blue-Motd-and-taxed-/251072178491?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a7511693b

im thinking about this car above what are people's thoughts on the price?

Matt

peterzs
28-05-12, 08:51 PM
Sounds OK, all the major works been done, money been spent on it, think the only way is to arrange a test drive and go from there.

Money wise its all down to how its been looked after and how it goes, open to offers, so go in low and come up.

Seeing head gasket has been done run it till it gets hot, offer to put a £5 worth of fuel in if he says its low on fuel. Or take a can in your car, just normal stuff like looking in the water filler bottle, oil cap, dipstick.

Best of luck with it, if you go for it.

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

mhamps
28-05-12, 09:18 PM
Yeah think i will go for it if the body is good.

Might evan have it at the next show if im lucky.

Matt

ZS Phil
28-05-12, 11:33 PM
Price seems ok I guess and it looks nice. Just needs a splitter and fogs :D. I know you can get cheaper but they probs wont have had the work done so could be a false economy spending any less.

stamford
29-05-12, 07:13 AM
Is this in addition to what you have now or a step down?

mhamps
29-05-12, 01:00 PM
Instead of what i have now! Just really like the old shape and really with all the work thats been done on it thought it was a bit of a steal managed to get them down to £975. mine has a few marks that i dont like any more so want to get aomething alot cleaner looking for the shows!

Matt

mhamps
29-05-12, 01:02 PM
Price seems ok I guess and it looks nice. Just needs a splitter and fogs :D. I know you can get cheaper but they probs wont have had the work done so could be a false economy spending any less.

I was thinking the same thing. Good deal if it has had all that work done on it!

Matt

andymgzs180
29-05-12, 06:17 PM
it looks good matt and seems in good nick, if you go to view just make sure you check all the vitals like pete says! personally i'd stick to the mark 2 that you have as i think they're alot better looking than the previous model.

mhamps
29-05-12, 06:27 PM
Ive allways loved the blue mk1 hatches since my brother had one years ago, the thing is the body on mine isnt the best and and its going to cost so much to get totally how i want it, i love the 180 mk2 body but that makes the insurance for me totally out of the question and a good body low mile mk2 1.6 costs way to much.

Matt

peterzs
29-05-12, 09:36 PM
Wonder what car we will see at Goodwood, or Bromley?????

mhamps
29-05-12, 09:44 PM
Ill leave it as a suprise for you all! But if do get this one ill be needing some more stickers!

Matt

peterzs
29-05-12, 09:49 PM
Always ready with the stickers, I'll put them in the boot, save on p+p.

Reminds me, I have to sit down and revise our p+p, but not downwards, I'm afraid.

andy-81
29-05-12, 10:47 PM
seems to be a nice car mate, has he got reciepts to back up all the works thats been done on it? I would also use that my car text check app as it will tell you if its been stolen or written off, good luck pal

mhamps
30-05-12, 06:28 AM
Yeah i think i will do that! Thanks for the suggestion.

matt

mhamps
30-05-12, 08:10 AM
After me trying to arrange to come view the car for 2 days the guy has just replied and said he has someone coming to look at it at 7 tomorrow morning whoes going to pay full price! What a douch!

Matt

mattie007
30-05-12, 09:04 AM
Had that before. Might be just saying that to make you up your offer?

peterzs
30-05-12, 12:47 PM
Could always say you could get there tonight at 7.00, and pay cash as agreed, if the car drives OK.

Take a big mate with you, never like going somewhere strange if they know you have cash in your pocket.

And never on your own!!!!

Hope it all works out, however, plenty out there, so if this one goes, might have a better one turn up.

mhamps
30-05-12, 02:01 PM
Ive been thinking hard about it today! And why do i want to swap cars and ive come to the conclusion (without help from the wife) that im being silly and the only reason i want to get another car is because im not happy with the body, im thinking maybe with a little work if i can get all the little annoying bits sorted i would be much happier with it!

Matt

peterzs
30-05-12, 02:29 PM
When I got mine it had a few dings and dents, got Dingos down here to remove them all, cost about £150, I still missed one on top of the ns wing.

Least you know your car, new ones can give you a few shocks and surprises, no matter what the service records show!!!!!!!!!!

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

mhamps
30-05-12, 02:38 PM
Yeah thats what im thinking! All cars if there new or old have there problems, and like you said i know the problems mine has and i can fix them easy!

Matt

andymgzs180
30-05-12, 05:39 PM
think your making the right decision matt. you have the better car already and you know body aside its mechanicly sound. imagine the heart ache if you bought the other one and something went wrong with it! have you ever considered putting the mk2 180 kit on your car?

mhamps
30-05-12, 05:47 PM
One word! INSURANCE!!!!

Matt

mattie007
30-05-12, 08:51 PM
Try Chris Knott insurance. I got a very good deal and all my mods are covered at no extra cost. 180 bodykit, induction, exhaust, alloys, etc

mhamps
31-05-12, 12:33 PM
Thanks for that i will have to try them out see what sort of price i would be looking at! Only thing is i juat renewed mine last month!

Matt

mhamps
31-05-12, 12:36 PM
Have just seen the car advertised on gumtree £999, and hes put on there that hes been let down by someone buying it from him whoes been talking about buying it for two weeks, so the thing on his advert about only having it 3 days was bull crap! Some people!

Matt

ZS
31-05-12, 12:38 PM
Surely you could just claim it came from the facotry like that as its OE parts? ;)

mhamps
31-05-12, 12:43 PM
Yeah looking at doing that looking at 45-06 plate mk2's at the moment! If anyone finds a good deal anyware close to bedforshire please send me a link looking at a top price of 1600!

Matt