PDA

View Full Version : braking

chalkers
30-05-12, 01:29 PM
from time to time my zs feels like the abs is kicking in and randomly the abs light and handbrake light come on , then when you switch engine off then back on it is ok , any ideas please

ZS
30-05-12, 01:36 PM
ABS Reluctor Rings... Either broken or missing a tooth or two on one or more wheel :)

Fairly easy fix, not too expensive if you do it yourself.

talkingcars
30-05-12, 06:41 PM
You may also be low on fluid which could either there is a leak or the pads are getting low.

caled
30-05-12, 07:19 PM
You may also be low on fluid which could either there is a leak or the pads are getting low.

Aye, mine were doing it just prior to replacing the pads. Not had a problem since.

daytona365
30-05-12, 07:55 PM
Replaced both my reluctor rings. £10 each, and a few lagers and all fitted :thumbsup:

chalkers
03-06-12, 05:46 PM
it took me ten hours today to do reluctor rings got them off ebay for about a fiver a piece job well done i think , not a nice job to do though

KirkJames
03-06-12, 11:04 PM
Did you just tap the new rings on? As I have heard people say you need to heat them up first as they shrink around the cv joint. Even had a garage tell me I wouldn't be able to do it without heating them.

chalkers
04-06-12, 01:04 PM
no took them to a friends garage he heated them up and pressed them on somehow while i went for a pint only took him an hour