PDA

View Full Version : I've got a new zed

stamford
31-05-12, 03:02 PM
:whistle: well sort of! :laugh:

It's been sorned for 2 months and during that time it has been converted back to road spec, so no more bucket seats or noisy interior! Got it taxed yesterday and a wash. Couldn't believe how quiet it is inside now!

Surprised at how clean the original interior was, the missus said the seats and carpets looked like new.

Took it to work today and enjoyed the drive in, comfort and quiet! Well until I floor it that this :D

Just need to buy a new head unit and some rear speakers. The zed is feeling loved again!

Smokey
31-05-12, 03:06 PM
Great news then mate. Ironic that I just took the rear speakers out the track car a few days ago!

stamford
31-05-12, 03:13 PM
When I stripped mine out I sold the decent rear speakers to my daughter as wasn't going to need them again :slap: Old head unit and disc changer I popped in the wifes MGF. Bad back dictated I changed my lifestyle hence the revert back! C'est la vie!

Smokey
31-05-12, 03:26 PM
I still haven't removed the 6 CD changer in the track car...bit of weight saving to be had!!

peterzs
31-05-12, 06:48 PM
Thought you had done a swap with ZS!!!!!!!!

Glad its getting the love again.

Just got my clutch changed, walked up to see how they were getting on, as it was supposed to be ready for 5.30ish.

Main man, was just cleaning up a wheel stud where they had crossed threaded it. Dohhhhhhhhhhhh.

Hate letting garages touching it, but with no workshop and being old and lazy what can you do.

On the way to QE last week, had a stone ping up and put a crescent crack in the windscreen. Coming out tomorrow to either repair the crack or put in a new windscreen.

Crack free, windscreen £70 excess, but a nice, unpitted windscreen. ;);)

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

stamford
31-05-12, 06:51 PM
My clutch still needs doing, but until my back is 100% I can't go near it. My Landy took a nice stone chip the other day, reckon that needs a new screen now, it's somewhat hammered!

grimmy
31-05-12, 07:06 PM
Good to see you feeling the love for the car again.

Taphouse
31-05-12, 07:56 PM
Good stuff!, I can't believe how much the interior reduces the noise!

You don't fancy a Sunday morning run to Goodwood?

Dan1971
31-05-12, 08:36 PM
Got a CD player in the shed if you want something on the hurry up ..... Glad it's worked out for you ....

ZS
31-05-12, 08:52 PM
I also have a few head units laying around... if you need one consider it thanks for lending me those wheels... will dig out the best one tomorrow if you want?

stamford
31-05-12, 08:54 PM
Good stuff!, I can't believe how much the interior reduces the noise!

You don't fancy a Sunday morning run to Goodwood?

May do, didn't think the zed would be ready as was still being worked on and sorned.

Got a CD player in the shed if you want something on the hurry up ..... Glad it's worked out for you ....

I've got an old headunit for now, crap but works. Thanks anyway Dan.

stamford
31-05-12, 08:55 PM
I also have a few head units laying around... if you need one consider it thanks for lending me those wheels... will dig out the best one tomorrow if you want?

Thanks Sam, hoping to buy a new one if my bucket seats sell on ebay...........28 watchers and not alot of activity! Hopefully last minute action!

andys1981
31-05-12, 09:42 PM
thats great news mate,hopefully im in a zs very soon,fingers crossed,cant wait!!

grimmy
31-05-12, 09:49 PM
thats great news mate,hopefully im in a zs very soon,fingers crossed,cant wait!!

Did you get a look at it then?

andys1981
31-05-12, 10:03 PM
Did you get a look at it then?

there at 12 tomorrow mate,shes mine guaranteed lol,29th june will be very happy

grimmy
31-05-12, 10:08 PM
there at 12 tomorrow mate,shes mine guaranteed lol,29th june will be very happy

Good stuff end of June welcome to the xpg club lol.

andys1981
31-05-12, 10:11 PM
Good stuff end of June welcome to the xpg club lol.

canny wait mate honestly,been doin overtime and everything,that aint me lol,just want it to be the 29th lol