PDA

View Full Version : Done something I wish I didn't...

Dav
01-06-12, 06:17 PM
So my ZS is going away with its new owner tomoz (:() so I decided to go outside and get it all ready and cleaned up. I thought I'd take it for a spin to charge the battery as its been sat for about a month and a half.

Oh how I wish I didn't... Even tho it's playing up, I loved every single second of my drive round the block and now I really really don't want it to go... I know I'm gonna miss my Zed sooo much, but now it means I can have a look thru the classifieds and get another :D

But what ever I get will never feel the same as my Zed :(

Especially as the one on the left is what's replaced it :sick:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/Boostjunkie2003/49b8d719.jpg

daytona365
01-06-12, 06:57 PM
Is the rope in front of the Renault, to hang yourself with, for getting rid of a ZS for that horrible french thing????????

Dav
01-06-12, 07:04 PM
It's jump leads, and yes, they will do the same job as the rope :)

And in my defence, the Scenic was given to me coz the ZS broke on me again and I was given pity lol I just can't afford to spend more on the Zed :(

Zippy Saloon
01-06-12, 07:23 PM
It's jump leads, and yes, they will do the same job as the rope :)

And in my defence, the Scenic was given to me coz the ZS broke on me again and I was given pity lol I just can't afford to spend more on the Zed :(

Who gave it you?
An enemy?

Dav
01-06-12, 07:26 PM
Who gave it you?
An enemy?

Hahaha, it's not that bad really, I needed more room anyway, and it's only a stopgap til I can save enough to get something else...

Zippy Saloon
01-06-12, 07:29 PM
Hahaha, it's not that bad really, I needed more room anyway, and it's only a stopgap til I can save enough to get something else...

I actually quite like it but theres not much competition between that and the zs in the looks department.

Dav
01-06-12, 07:33 PM
I actually quite like it but theres not much competition between that and the zs in the looks department.

Oh I agree 100%, but when it's free I can't really complain lol

Dav
02-06-12, 09:30 AM
Due to a MASSIVE **** up on my part, the ZS is back up for sale.

£400, no tax or MOT. Come and get it :)

welshone
02-06-12, 09:37 AM

Intentional **** up to keep it ;)

MG ZS STE
02-06-12, 10:01 AM
Break it, you'd get double that at least.

fastmike
02-06-12, 10:10 AM
Ok tell me all about it .......Engine size....... problems etc

archermav
02-06-12, 10:13 AM

Whats wrong with the car mate?

POMPSKI
02-06-12, 10:27 AM
EDIT: After a 180, good luck with the car!

talkingcars
02-06-12, 10:33 AM
Yeah, what is wrong with it, my nephew is looking for another ZS he can work on.

And don't knock free renaults, my sister gave me their espace when he got a company car, mind you it was a 2.9L V6...................

Dav
02-06-12, 03:02 PM
This is my eBay ad:

Selling due to having a bigger car and have no need for this one, much to my disappointment.

It is a mk2, comes in Ignition Blue, and also has the sought after ‘Extreme’ rear spoiler.

It has done 135,751 miles and has recently had the head gasket replaced. It has 16” ‘Hairpin’ wheels, although at the moment it has the space saver on as I recently had a split in the side wall of the N/S/F. I also have a new steering wheel and gearknob to replace the slightly worn ones currently on there.

As with any used car, there are some bad points. The main one being for some reason it is hesitant to go above about 4500/5000rpm and feels sluggish up to that. It has only been like that since the head gasket was changed (which was less than two months ago). I’m sure it is an easy fix, but I no longer have the time or money to find the problem. There is also a slight water leak, which I think is related to the sluggishness problem. Again, unfortunately I no longer have the time or money to find and repair it.
The rear passenger door lock only works on the pin, rather than with the fob. It’s just a case of reaching in to lock/unlock the door. It’s never really bothered me, hence why I’ve not changed it. There is also a blow at the end of the centre section of the exhaust.

Otherwise the car is in pretty good condition. Despite the problems listed above, it is still driveable, and will take you where ever you need to go. It has good quality standard speakers, plus I’ll leave my twin 10” sub-box and wiring in, but it will not come with a headunit. The interior, minus the steering wheel and gearknob, is in great condition, although the blower works only on setting 3 and 4, which is a common problem and an easy fix. The tax has run out, but the MOT runs out in June IIRC, but I will find out for definite and amend accordingly.

I’ve tried to be as honest as I can be, although if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

I’m based in Southampton (SO15). You are bidding to buy, not to look or mess me around. Anyone that does so will be reported to eBay. Any bidders with less than 5/negative feedback please message me first.

A £100 deposit would be needed within 3 days and the car collected within 7days unless an agreement is made.

Thank you for viewing and happy bidding!!!

talkingcars
02-06-12, 04:03 PM
so not too much.

Is it a 1.8?

Dav
02-06-12, 04:06 PM
Yea it is

andy-81
03-06-12, 02:30 PM
dont do it mate, retract the advert, sell the scenic and use the money to get the zed fixed

andys1981
03-06-12, 07:33 PM
dont do it mate, retract the advert, sell the scenic and use the money to get the zed fixed

totally agree with andy,a would do all my best to keep her mate,common problem is the img gasket,my zr was losing coolant,couldent see where replaced that and its sorted,its only 4 quid for the gasket mate

addy649
06-06-12, 08:48 PM
simple answer sell the scenic and get the zed fixed with the money u make of the sale if it drives it cant b that bad to fix can it?

andy-81
06-06-12, 10:58 PM

simple answer sell the scenic and get the zed fixed with the money u make of the sale if it drives it cant b that bad to fix can it?

I'm sure that was my idea!!!!!! ;)