PDA

View Full Version : What next?

lewerty
03-12-07, 02:35 PM
come to a bit of a dead end on what to do next to my zs, was looking for some ideas, so far i have done exhuast, airfilter, cams and pullies, de cat, lowered, tinted windows, mp3 player, subs,amp, 6x9s, xpower sunstrip,

just put some new front and rear discs on in the summer so dont want to upgrade them just yet, any ideas peeps :)

stripey
03-12-07, 03:25 PM
Fluffy dice? Oh and leopard/tiger/zebra print seat covers with carpets to match?

TBH - sounds like you have got all bases covered - what tyres are you running and in what size?

arwilson80
03-12-07, 03:36 PM
Turbo / Supercharger ... ;)

lewerty
03-12-07, 03:53 PM
205/45/17 tyres are toyos t1-rs found them to be very good

wilko66
03-12-07, 04:04 PM
:hmm:what about a nice sunstrip with boss and slave on it:laugh:

stamford
03-12-07, 09:00 PM
Carry out a RWD conversion and drop in the 260 drivetrain. That's what I would like to do one day.

lukiep160
03-12-07, 09:07 PM
stronger bottom end, lightened crank and flywheel then supercharger. i don't think turbos would fit

stripey
04-12-07, 12:04 PM
205/45/17 tyres are toyos t1-rs found them to be very good

From what I have read and been advised I would agree - I have the Potenza RE40 205/45/17 and they are great when warmed up but a bit sketchy in the cold / damp . Some guys I have seen posts from elsewhere use Toyo 888's (I think :unsure:) and rate these even though they are a track tyre.

Let us know what you do go for and what you get.

From what you have done so far which has given the best bang for buck / packs the best puch :boxing:?

lewerty
04-12-07, 02:46 PM
the cams u notice the most, and ppl who dont have a cammed zed, and they go out in your notice the difference, all the mods are good in there own way, the cheapest one was the decat and prob freed up around 6-7bhp around the same bhp as an airfilter and exhuast but at half the cost

stripey
04-12-07, 02:54 PM
the cams u notice the most, and ppl who dont have a cammed zed, and they go out in your notice the difference, all the mods are good in there own way, the cheapest one was the decat and prob freed up around 6-7bhp around the same bhp as an airfilter and exhuast but at half the cost

James - when you say an air filter do you mean a change of the OEM filter or an induction kit e.g. ITG/BMC? I was considering an induction kit but may well just go for a filter if there is no extra benefit with an induction kit.

lewerty
04-12-07, 03:04 PM
yea meant induction kit got a bmc on mine well worth it, bit expensive imo, but the noise :)

Southern Storm
05-12-07, 12:02 PM
Tyres, forced induction, NOS, Lightened balanced flywheel crank, forged Pistons, close ratio box, depends how big your wallet is. :)

Boot Hill Bandit
05-12-07, 12:42 PM
If you are wanting to pursue something on track I have some suggestions....

coilovers (prices vary)
polybushed suspension
mk2 Straights with 215/40 R17's for a little extra grip (just had mine fitted with Goodyear Eagle F1's - thanks EMS!)
NOS (frequent recharges may be needed lol!)
gas flow, polish and port the cylinder heads (can be done cost effectively if you get 2 spare heads and find someone compotent to do it correctly)
rear lower brace bar from Motobuild (cheap enough)
LSD in your PG1 (not sure on price but I have a low miles PG1 available)
bonnet scoop for induction intake (working on that one when I get some spare money)

I reckon 200bhp up to 250bhp is more than enough power for the ZS........concentrating on getting that power to the tarmac as best as possible is where gains can be had.

Coming up to a tight corner and being able to drive through it quicker than you would expect is more noticable and more fun in my opinion than a car that is ballistically quick in a straight line and struggles when it comes to the twisties. The ZS is well known for it's good handling. Build on that with the small power gains and you can end up with a car that can put many 'better' cars to shame.

Best of luck on your quest James ;) Hope to see you at a Kent Meet soon :) Haven't seen you in ages.

Smitten Jim

stamford
05-12-07, 01:26 PM
stronger bottom end, lightened crank and flywheel then supercharger. i don't think turbos would fit

:hmmm: where have I read that before?

6-7 bhp...............I think you have missed off a few noughts there, I'm sure there is a supercar waiting to get out somewhere :whistle:

arwilson80
05-12-07, 01:51 PM
polybushed suspension - where? I looked a while ago online and couldn't find them...

Boot Hill Bandit
09-12-07, 01:08 AM
Well there are plenty of places to try......probably best to contact 'Polybush' direct and ask....

Jim

lewerty
09-12-07, 12:08 PM
cheers for the ideas got me thinkin :)

Boot Hill Bandit
09-12-07, 12:45 PM
cheers for the ideas got me thinkin :)

Good good :D

Next time we are going on a track day I will give you a shout....it may open up a new path for you to try ;)

Thing is.....from past experience.......with my karts......

I bought it end of 2004......used it in the last races to understand it....

Rebuilt it over the winter and came to the grid for 2005......and gave everyone a big shock......finished 2nd in class and 4th overall.

over the winter of 2005 we rebuilt it and developed it for 2006 and albeit a bit fragile......it was quicker than before and plenty of other area to improve in.....finished 4th overall again and lost 3rd by 1 point :slap:

with anything.........there is always room for improvement and development as new parts become available and lessons are learnt from weaknesses you encounter along the route.......

biggest thing to make your car quicker.........is the driver......and judging by 1/4 mile time......your reaction times must be pretty damn quick James ;) ......build on that by going on track and you will further yourself as a driver or at least make yourself more complete.

Just don't follow me thats all.......I get quicker and quicker then crash :blush: :oops: that ain't gonna happen this time round though :D

Jim

lewerty
10-12-07, 09:00 PM
well wont be a what next now :(

shroonie29
10-12-07, 09:48 PM
polybushed suspension - where? I looked a while ago online and couldn't find them...

Here (http://www.silverstormai.com/zs_mk2400.html) :)

Shroon

Boot Hill Bandit
11-12-07, 02:52 AM
well wont be a what next now :(

There will buddy :console:

Chin up buddy ;) it's superficial.......you still have your car......and even though the bastards have harmed it......it can be fixed easily enough. It will cost money to fix it for sure......but it will be like new when its fixed :) .

Think of it as an excuse to give the car a deep clean to as best of condition as you can get it and have it ready for the summer to enjoy to its full potential with all those hunnies watching ya drive by down the highstreet ;)

If its any consolation.........look at the state of my car.......

In my best impression voice *clears throat*

Yours may be bad!.......but.......mine........mine is summat else! :D :rofl:

Speak to Ralph buddy. That bodyshop he uses hasn't won awards for no reason ;) they are very good on price too :)

Jim