PDA

View Full Version : rear lights

wilko66
03-12-07, 02:41 PM
Can you get a set of smoked original lights to fit a saloon, or failing that i'd like a set of black lexus lights please:smart:

sduk
03-12-07, 03:13 PM
you can smoke them yourself using light tinting spray, however the darker you go makes them more illegal. they need to let out a certain amount of light and stay reflective.

you get black lexus that are legal tho, loads of peeps have them, i used to but got rid. here's a couple of pics....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/sduk/SNV30983.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/sduk/SNV30984.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/sduk/SNV30986.jpg

Hope that help,

Sammy

Mat C
03-12-07, 03:43 PM
I don't think black Lexus lights will fit a ZS unless you use the body panels off a Lexus to fit them ! ;)

sduk
03-12-07, 03:50 PM
I don't think black Lexus lights will fit a ZS unless you use the body panels off a Lexus to fit them ! ;)

and Mat is back! :D

Mat C
03-12-07, 04:28 PM
hehehe, was i ever away ! :whistle: :D

wilko66
03-12-07, 04:32 PM
he he thanx mat:spank:

sduk
03-12-07, 04:43 PM
wilko66 if you post a pic of your car, at a similar angle to mine in the above pics, i can photoshop the lights on to let you see what it will look like :D

stick it in the photoshop section :)

Mat C
03-12-07, 04:49 PM
Anyway, i wouldn't bother getting the after market Autoart lights, they mist up like a Scottish island ! ;)

KevG
03-12-07, 05:30 PM
I'll just add my 2p worth, I've had my Black Magic lights for over 2 years and they have never misted or let water in.

wilko66
03-12-07, 05:45 PM
wilko66 if you post a pic of your car, at a similar angle to mine in the above pics, i can photoshop the lights on to let you see what it will look like :D

stick it in the photoshop section :)

Done it m8;)

grimmy
03-12-07, 08:02 PM
Anyway, i wouldn't bother getting the after market Autoart lights, they mist up like a Scottish island ! ;)
Got chrome ones from autoart on mines no misting here you just double up the seals on them by using the cars original ones with the supplied ones

Thanks Hugh (Z Scotland) for that snippet of info

Mat C
03-12-07, 08:35 PM
i've only got one set of seals from my original lights, none came with the Autoart ones. So what i've done is to make 2 more out of laminate flooring-underlay using the original ones as a template. I have then smeared both sides with bearing grease. Since doing that i have had no misting issues :)

sduk
03-12-07, 08:47 PM
i've only got one set of seals from my original lights, none came with the Autoart ones. So what i've done is to make 2 more out of laminate flooring-underlay using the original ones as a template. I have then smeared both sides with bearing grease. Since doing that i have had no misting issues :)

top idea mate :)

grimmy
03-12-07, 09:08 PM
You could always hit the scrappies for a spare set i suppose