PDA

View Full Version : More POWER on the cheap?

livewire1888
07-06-12, 03:35 PM
ZS 180, I find it really quick in 2nd gear but it needs to be a bit quicker in 3rd.

What would one recommend to upgrade and in what order? I'am thinking little things, HV leads, exhaust or fuel pump etc.

MG6Turbo
07-06-12, 03:42 PM
Leads make no difference.

Exhaust and breathing mods do.

If you want a lot more oommph then nitrous lol.

G

grimmy
07-06-12, 03:58 PM
ZS 180, I find it really quick in 2nd gear but it needs to be a bit quicker in 3rd.

What would one recommend to upgrade and in what order? I'am thinking little things, HV leads, exhaust or fuel pump etc.

Decent zorst and induction seem to give gains

livewire1888
07-06-12, 04:13 PM
do i have to get it chipped to get the full benefit of induction mods?

MG6Turbo
07-06-12, 04:21 PM
Ecu is self teaching.

G

Fred68
07-06-12, 09:34 PM

Fuel pump will make no difference as it's good for 400 bhp!! There are no leads on mine as i'v pencil coils on every plug but not all do. A Janspeed exhaust system will make the best exhaust mod. There are a few induction kits that give reasonable gains. The Ecu as George said will learn the new fueling needs although it can't advance the ignition more than the factory settings so a re-map may help some. The inlet cam on the KV6 seems to limit power to around 200bhp even with all the mods above!!

Maxxed_Ross
07-06-12, 10:07 PM
There doesn't seem to be a cheap way to get power. I had Janspeed manifolds, sports cat, full custom exhaust and an early touring car carbon fibre air filter on mine and it only made 7bhp over standard on the rolling road :greedy::angry:

Adamzs180
08-06-12, 09:16 PM
I think the cheapest way to improve acceleration would be to remove the rear seats, doorcards, spare wheel, carpets all unnecesary parts of the dash then fit a full de cat and induction system. I doubt even then you'll notice huge improvements. Oh and you may as well remove the stereo as you won't hear much over the engine noise when you remove everything from the inside.

Dave MGT
08-06-12, 11:05 PM
Basic Breathing mods and a light weight flywheel!