PDA

View Full Version : Halfords rant!

Maxxed_Ross
04-12-07, 10:19 AM
When driving behind my girlfriend Caroline the other day I noticed one of her brake lights was out. So went allong to Halfrauds on Friday to get a replacement.

Checked the book, found the right number and then found the bulb and it looked a bit different. Asked at the service desk if they could double check for me. Again told it would work fine and the difference was just that it was a different brand

Fitted, it all worked fine in the driveway test so off she went

Met up with her again today and while following her home from work noticed that her brake lights were stuck on.... all 3 of them!

After a very dodgy 15 mile trip home in the pitch black with the brake lights jammed on all the time I take the car to bits to see if there's a short. Couldn't find anything. Fuses all ok so abandoned for the night as it was peeing it down

Then it hit me, brake lights worked fine as light as the side lights were off. The side lights were coming on when she braked with the lights off. Even the dash lights were coming on!

Took the car apart again at 6am today trying to find out what the hell was going on.

You know what the problem was? The Fiesta uses a dual filament bulb for both the side lights and brake lights. Halfrauds had sold me a single! So the thing was shorting out both circuits :nugget:

After a very heated argument with the Hamilton manager this morning I managed to get a replacement set... but the bloke for fitting it was off! I couldn't let her drive around all day with the lights jammed on so I picked up a torques head driver off the shelf and went and did it myself in the carpark... again in the rain

I'm not a happy bunny at all :boxing:

sarah
04-12-07, 10:24 AM
youd think they would know wouldnt you?

halfords are d**k heads Andy hates them!

so is it all sorted now?

Maxxed_Ross
04-12-07, 10:26 AM
thankfully yes

D3monstrate
04-12-07, 10:31 AM
Well they do employ people who think buying a massive "Fast and the Furious" style rear wings and other parts, ADDS extra horsepower to their car...

Shafz
04-12-07, 10:34 AM
only time i use halfords is if i have no choice or if i know exactly what i need

KevG
04-12-07, 10:34 AM
Just goes to show that Hellfrauds live upto there name.

arwilson80
04-12-07, 10:44 AM
The only time i use Halfrauds is to get stuff on '3 for 2' offers and the like. They are a bunch of wallies otherwise! Never EVER for anything else.

BTW how much did they charge you? I can get them for about 40p each.

Maxxed_Ross
04-12-07, 11:21 AM
so can I :angel:

stamford
04-12-07, 12:27 PM
Never use them, always support the local motor factors. Top notch people :D

Maxxed_Ross
04-12-07, 12:35 PM
it was a needs must moment, It's the only place around there that was guaranteed to have them

lukiep160
04-12-07, 08:30 PM
I overheard a convosation by one of halfords staff to a customer once about a aircon regas they did, The customer was complaining that the air gon wasn't working after it had been gased, all the halfords staff could say was bring it back and we'll charge it again and then leave it running for 10 minutes and we'll check to see if its lost pressure. I wanted to say there and then that what i thought of them.

Then my very latest problem that i've had with them was with my bike, this bike is supposed to be a All terrain bike well thats what it says on the invoice. After 11months of road riding the wheel bent badly, after a trip to bodge it and scarper they wouldn't replace it even though its warranty.

I wouldn't even let halfords near my car after seeing one that they put a radio in and the vehicle wouldn't start because they smashed the imbillser transponder.

DeMoNPauL
05-12-07, 01:15 AM
I must be the odd one out here.

My local halfords has 5 MG rover nuts working there.

One has a 260 SE and a 180 MK2 in firefrost

Theres 2 ZRs and quite a few Rovers.;)

stamford
05-12-07, 07:19 AM
That is rare! If my local ones had workers with such cars I may frequent them more! Alas they are chavs at my local!

ZS
05-12-07, 08:42 AM
I try to stay away from HellFrauds as much as possible, however they can be usefull for somethings... even if it is just a laugh ;)

arwilson80
05-12-07, 09:01 AM
That is rare! If my local ones had workers with such cars I may frequent them more! Alas they are chavs at my local!

Same here... Prices are sky high though so i'd still avoid them.

Southern Storm
05-12-07, 10:42 AM
Car cleaning stuff and if i know what i want. Hell Fords are realy usless technically. Otherwise I buy it here in work. My local also appears to be chav central. Quite funny when one of them carved me up one night. I knew he worked there so raised the issue when i went in there next. He still stupidly asked how I know it was him even thought he parks his chaved up clio outside every day. Silver blue and primer grey is a memorable look.