PDA

View Full Version : t16 conversion.

Adamzs180
17-06-12, 09:33 PM
Just read through the t16 conversion guide and this sounds like the project for me. 400+ bhp and a full on whistling and sneezing turbo. However i'm a dunce and although some of the thread made sense a lot of it was like i was reading an arabian newspaper. So i was thinking if anyone could help me either with basic english explanations, hands on mechanics or parts sourcing. I would in return offer these people an all expenses paid track day in the car when it's complete.

talkingcars
17-06-12, 09:37 PM
The T16 is a great engine but only 200bhp in standard form, to double that costs £000's.

Adamzs180
17-06-12, 09:42 PM
Yeah i'm aware of the costs, and i know this is going to be a lengthy project. but i've always wanted a turbo and don't think a v6 turbo is going to be any easier or cheaper to do.

carmadbaker
17-06-12, 09:57 PM
If i knew then what i know now i would of saved my money and bought an RS4 or a better Lotus, dont get me wrong, love my zed! But blimey its alot of agro! Glad the guide was some sort of use, fire away with questions as and when you need, pete is a guru with this!

Adamzs180
18-06-12, 10:06 PM
Just wondered if it would be any more a lengthy/costly project to charge the v6 instead of changing the engine? Obviously i'd have to upgrade the clutch and ecu probably cams/pistons and head too??? but these would all need to be changed on the t16 wouldn't they?

talkingcars
19-06-12, 05:36 AM
You'd need to get forged internls for big boost.

The T16 is charged anyway so you don't need to touch anything on standard boost.

carmadbaker
19-06-12, 06:27 AM
Charging the kv6 you will be diving into the unknown, i have a fairly good idea on how to do it but whether it works or not.. Who knows! Gd luck with whatever you chose!