PDA

View Full Version : xpowerforum

talkingcars
18-06-12, 06:07 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the xpowerforum, it keeps causing internet explorer to stop working.

Steve mead
18-06-12, 06:12 PM
Yep, emailed them yesterday to remove details as everytime it crashes.

SheppeyTrio
18-06-12, 06:13 PM
I'm using chrome and having no problems!?

ZS
18-06-12, 06:14 PM
They don't call it "Internet Exploder" for no reason you know ;) - not been over there for years :) and no plans to go back either!

ThumpJunkie
18-06-12, 06:20 PM
internet explorer

http://dobrador.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/131378514100205781_K4HgT5Ju_f.jpg

Zippy Saloon
18-06-12, 07:19 PM
Dead slow loading for me - put a post up there but nobody else is having trouble afaik.
At very top of page here I have theMGZS with a little black square with white MG in it, on XPF I used to have XPF and a little xpower logo - now I have xpf and a pair of speech bubbles, one orange, one blue. Don't know what this means buts them appearing seems to coincide with prob starting.

Ritchy
18-06-12, 07:49 PM
yep, just stopped using it now as nearly everyone is here anyway now

grimmy
18-06-12, 08:01 PM
Was working on my phone but never logged in as i cant remember my details,not that i really want to,right enough, all i need is here.

Ritchy
18-06-12, 08:03 PM
it isnt a bad forum, just doesnt have as many people anymore

grimmy
18-06-12, 08:17 PM
it isnt a bad forum, just doesnt have as many people anymore

It was always a good techy site,but if i am honest i always felt as if i was about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit,to nick a billy connoly phrase.

Fred68
19-06-12, 12:45 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the xpowerforum, it keeps causing internet explorer to stop working.

Funny you should mention it as mine crashed twice on Sunday while on there :(
I fail to see how a web site can crash a computer??

ZS
19-06-12, 12:47 PM

Thats easy... lol - I have written a website that lists the content of your computer and then opens MS Word (or Notepad if word doesn't exist) for you... without your permission.

Mind you that was before the intruduction of the better security into browsers, so harder to do now, but still possible :)

If I can do that anyone can write a website (badly coded or deliberate) to crash your computer!

On another note, a certain anti Microsoft Website stops you accessing their site if you use Internet Explorer on a friday ;)

Enright
19-06-12, 12:47 PM
I was having the same problem with MG-Rover.org (the crashing that is, not the feeling unwelcome - if you want that you just go to theZR!)

ZS
19-06-12, 12:48 PM
I was having the same problem with MG-Rover.org

Doesn't surprise me... its the same server and owned by the same Guy :)

Fred68
19-06-12, 01:08 PM
It was always a good techy site,but if i am honest i always felt as if i was about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit,to nick a billy connoly phrase.

I get that feeling on occasion :(
It's interesting that not everybody who is on both sites uses the same name on both? I don't ether but that was a technical glitch on my part :(

grimmy
19-06-12, 01:10 PM
It's interesting that not everybody who is on both sites uses the same name on both? I don't ether but that was a technical glitch on my part :(

I am grimmy over there to but cant remember the password and cant be bothered requesting a new one.

Zippy Saloon
19-06-12, 04:04 PM
Doesn't surprise me... its the same server and owned by the same Guy :)

Ah, its now in the hands of the Chinese then - best be careful what you say, some people who don't entirely like saic or the 6 have disappeared off the planet...

andy-81
19-06-12, 04:34 PM
iv'e just clicked who you are on central and here was me thinking i had two people interested in my attempt at a meet on the topic of xpf i too have little if no feeling of welcome apart from when i signed up that lasted all of a day, much better on here central and .org.

talkingcars
19-06-12, 05:50 PM

I's not crashing the computer, just stopping internet explorer from working.

It only happens on the desktop which is running the last version, not the laptop which is running the latest version.

The same happens if Mrs TC leaves it on one of the facebook games and leaves the PC to go to sleep.

I was having the same problem with MG-Rover.org (the crashing that is, not the feeling unwelcome - if you want that you just go to theZR!)

I had the same problem with .org a few times a few weeks ago, I had forgotten that.

I use the same user name everywhere, it's just easier.

Alan.F
19-06-12, 08:13 PM
I have not been on there for ages the last time i tried logging in my pc crashed after it gave me a virus

grimmy
19-06-12, 08:16 PM
I have not been on there for ages the last time i tried logging in my pc crashed after it gave me a virus

You sticking your bits in the usb slot again alan:smart:

andy-81
19-06-12, 08:20 PM
:rofl:

p_b82
20-06-12, 08:32 AM
it has to do with some of the ads that are shown - you can get rid of it by just killing the process of IE that is using all of a cpu (if you got more than one).

if you use chrome or FF you can strip those out so there are no issues :)

Fred68
20-06-12, 08:48 AM
I's not crashing the computer, just stopping internet explorer from working.

It only happens on the desktop which is running the last version, not the laptop which is running the latest version.

The same happens if Mrs TC leaves it on one of the facebook games and leaves the PC to go to sleep.

I had the same problem with .org a few times a few weeks ago, I had forgotten that.

I use the same user name everywhere, it's just easier.

Internet Explorer says it's stopped running and will close :( i'v no idea what version my lappy is running? It's Windows 7 that's the limit of my knowledge!!

talkingcars
25-06-12, 06:34 PM
I'm continuing to have the same problems, might just stop even visiting the site which would be a bit of an own goal for them.

Bobdope2002
25-06-12, 06:43 PM
im IP banned

peterzs
25-06-12, 06:48 PM
not missing much!!!

Bobdope2002
25-06-12, 06:50 PM
just like .org too :D lolol

MG ZS STE
26-06-12, 12:10 PM
im IP banned

how did you get your ban?

I havent had any problems with XPF lately.

Bobdope2002
26-06-12, 07:48 PM
ive been banned a very very very longtime lol