PDA

View Full Version : lost my car keys!

jay10
25-06-12, 10:59 PM
iv lost my car keys but iv managed to get into the car, what would you guys recommend as a next step now, the car is a 2003 saloon td zs. looked everywhere for them, plus the spare key was with the original so lost them bloody both!!

peterzs
26-06-12, 07:26 AM
Is there a MG garage near you, I'd give them a ring and see if you can get a key from your V5 details.

Know Fords used to do that, but dont know about the immobalizer and alarm side, might have to get new keys and fobs with the Scu or whatever.

Could give George at Rovermgparts or Goldie at GeA Services, a ring, see what they say.

Look again in all the weird places, back track to when you last had them, get someone else to look, I lose stuff, hunt for hours and ask the wife and she finds it within a few minutes. Looked in the wash, left them in your jeans etc.

Hope they turn up!!!

ZS
26-06-12, 07:28 AM
MK1 or MK2, as both systems are slightly different...

Also are you sure its your car ;) lol

jay10
26-06-12, 11:17 AM
hah yes im sure its mine, lol. iv looked in all the suspect places but nothing, worse thing is i was laughing at my mate who lost his keys n was saying why you keep both sets together and look how its bit my back!

jay10
26-06-12, 11:17 AM
its a mk1 td 115, im in birmingham, where would the nearest mg dealer be??

jay10
26-06-12, 11:22 AM
rang my local dealer and its roughly £350 for new key and fob programmed!

peterzs
26-06-12, 11:32 AM
I'd ring George or Goldie and see if they can do anything cheaper.

Your mates not nicked them!!!!!

not locked them in the boot???

MG ZS STE
26-06-12, 11:36 AM
Wheres Zipparah Tafari when you need him ay?

jay10
26-06-12, 11:43 AM
iv had the tafari from all my mates already!!!

jay10
26-06-12, 11:44 AM
iv searched the whole car as i managed to open it as one window wasnt fully closed, but cant do anything else. anyone got any numbers for george or goldie?

MG ZS STE
26-06-12, 11:47 AM
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11779

grimmy
26-06-12, 11:50 AM
Both are sie traders on here and can be contacted through pm

ZS
26-06-12, 12:06 PM
not locked them in the boot???

Its not a TF Pete ;) - How long will it be before you lock your keys in the boot I wander? ;) lol

MG ZS STE
26-06-12, 12:14 PM
i lost the keys to the garage, side and back gate once. was convinced some little beggar had pinched'em from the back garden when i was working out there. turned the house upside down looking for them. 3 days later i found them in the back pocket of the jeans i was wearing when i was out there. as if the missus needed more reason to call me a douche bag :(

have you looked in your back pocket is my advise?

peterzs
26-06-12, 02:33 PM
Already done that one. MG ZS STE.

And ZS, last time I slammed the keys in a boot, was when I was driving my dads Humber Sceptre up to Birmingham. Just filled up with petrol put the cap and the keys in the boot and as I closed it saw them looking up at me.

Lucky in those days, the filling stations were user friendly, told him and he gave me a great big bunch of keys to try. Result one fitted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daytona365
26-06-12, 09:18 PM
Is there a MG garage near you, I'd give them a ring and see if you can get a key from your V5 details.

Know Fords used to do that, but dont know about the immobalizer and alarm side, might have to get new keys and fobs with the Scu or whatever.

Could give George at Rovermgparts or Goldie at GeA Services, a ring, see what they say.

Look again in all the weird places, back track to when you last had them, get someone else to look, I lose stuff, hunt for hours and ask the wife and she finds it within a few minutes. Looked in the wash, left them in your jeans etc.

Hope they turn up!!!

Fords arent that helpful anymore. YOU CANT get the key details from Ford anymore, no matter what you bring with you!!!!!

You have to prey yo find your key number to get a new one cut, or else you get a mechanic to take a lock aaprt to get the number from the tumblers. Failing that, COMPLETE lock set plus programming!!!!

You'd be amazed how many of our customers buy a car with only one key, then lose it..................

jay10
26-06-12, 11:56 PM
i spoke to george and he getting back to me tomorrow sometime, iv searched the whole house and all my wardrobes, (amazing what you find during these searches!!) i just know theyl appear soon as i get new keys!

WalkerDnB
27-06-12, 12:05 AM
I need a new fob
Is it really that much to program one or is there a way round it if your already have a working fob?

jay10
27-06-12, 04:39 PM
found them! hahaha was in the kitchen, now how they got there i do not have a clue!

ZS
27-06-12, 04:46 PM
I need a new fob
Is it really that much to program one or is there a way round it if your already have a working fob?

Iirc if you have another working fob and the bar code for the new fob its easy to add another using T4

found them! hahaha was in the kitchen, now how they got there i do not have a clue!

Result :) at least you found them! Now put one safe! Lol

peterzs
27-06-12, 07:38 PM
Lucky it wasnt after spending £££££££££££££'s

Get the spare key off the ring and get another fob if you havnt got one.

Glad its sorted.

:beer2::beer2::beer2:

Jay-ZS+
28-06-12, 10:34 AM
Wheres Zipparah Tafari when you need him ay?

:thumbsup: Repp'd