PDA

View Full Version : Owned my ZS for a week now

ian Harris
04-07-12, 11:44 PM
Well having covered around 250 miles in my first week I'm really chuffed with my zed, I love the sound of the V6 and the way it pulls.
Planning on giving it some quality Bardahl oil at the weekend and a new set of filters (even though it was serviced 1000 miles back) also want to sort the annoying rattle from the rear bumper - tried new upper clips but must be the lower mounts need looking at.
Last thing to do this weekend is take the scuttle panel off and seal up as read on other posts, panicked today when I saw water on the passenger rubber mat, luckily carpet hardly got wet.
Next thing to do is sort wheels, unsure if to get them refurbed or go for something different - gonna have to ponder on that one a while as the straights do look good but the 11 spokes are nicer just finding some at the right price (don't want to spend £250 - £300 on wheels that still need refurbing.
I couldn't be more pleased with the 180 and I'm sure there's not a better car out there for the money

KirkJames
05-07-12, 12:17 AM
For the money, they are great cars and a future classic I'm sure! I love mine and when it has little niggles they are annoying but it's a case of balancing those with getting other things (like the house) sorted.

stamford
05-07-12, 07:18 AM
Plenty of time to get it sorted, had mine well over 7 years and still tinkering! :D

Dan1971
05-07-12, 08:29 AM
Glad it's ticking the boxes for you ...

talkingcars
05-07-12, 06:18 PM
Glad you are enjoying, had mine 3 & 1/2 years and still love every time I driver her.
And as Mick says "plenty of time".

sxigav
05-07-12, 06:49 PM
What is fuel consumption like in these

big_wasa
05-07-12, 06:53 PM
15~35 mpg

depends,

Very cold last winter doing short trips to work I was getting sub 15's

Took it on an ebay run a few months back and got 35+

New one back from Sheffield yesterday was over 30, Brakes and tyres could be better.

Binding brakes really hammer the mpg.

daytona365
05-07-12, 07:05 PM
The ZS, especially the 180 are addictive............You just LOVE EM> Mine is so much fun, I cant think of life without it now.

ian Harris
05-07-12, 08:39 PM
Gotta say fuel economy is not looking great for the first tank - it might improve after removing lead from my right trainer

daytona365
05-07-12, 08:48 PM
Gotta say fuel economy is not looking great for the first tank - it might improve after removing lead from my right trainer

Thats part of the fun, with a lead foot, BOY is it fun. Then with slippers on you can get them to be miserly. :thumbsup:

Any pics yet?

ian Harris
05-07-12, 09:23 PM
I've put a couple up in my new member thread, hopefully the weathers ok at the weekend and can get a couple of little jobs done and some more pics

Fred68
06-07-12, 09:45 AM

Down hear in Cornwall we do suffer lower mpg figures as the roads are twisty with hills that require constant gear changes. However the 180 has such a wonderfully flexible power delivery I simply sit in 4th most of the time!! Last year I returned 27+ mpg which I didn't think was to bad? This year i'm doing 30 odd which I can only put down to fitting a new plenum and fixing the clutch judder :)
The other trick is to resist the temptation is planting your right foot ;)

v6bloke
21-07-12, 09:18 AM
Mpg wont be the best.. it is a v6 after all but on a recent run down to st ives in my 127k 180 it managed 420 miles to a full tank although i admit i sat at 65mph all the way as was convoying but with a lead foot deffo less than 300 miles to a tank.

ian Harris
21-07-12, 10:41 PM
Still enjoying mine too much, 270 from the last tank.
I am just about to give the car some lovely Bardahl engine oil tomorrow and got some Bardahl fuel improver free to try so we'll see if that works - every faith in Bardahl products and even more when it's free

andymgzs180
22-07-12, 07:20 AM
glad you're enjoying the zed ian, they are very addictive cars and brilliant to drive..every time i get in mine i've a smile on my face thats bigger when i get out lol! and lets be honest we dont buy v6's for fuel consumption